Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

All the bosses from Doom 3 and RoE beaten on Nightmare without taking damage or using Soul Cube/Artifact (except Cyberdemon)

This game's bosses are not hardest things to dodge, but a few are really tough (Saboath, Maledict) and others (Vagary) are nearly impossible until find out how to get him into melee loop

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsOZEXF_hqay0MZ_vajVMjkfMIIGyzdfi

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsOZEXF_hqaw93qEITL_zPoLZKrgRMseV

Edited by xdarkmasterx

Calm down fellas! Only Crossing Acheron remains, and 1994 Top 10 WADs is over! What a journey that lasted a year and a half. Hopefully we clear the next one quicker.

IT'S DONE! I HAVE COMPLETED TOP 10 DOOM WADs OF 1994. FINALLY.

Why am I using v1.666, and not v1.0 for this WAD? Well, simply put - the late John Anderson, aka Dr Sleep, said that v1.666 is the level as he wanted to build it in the start: "I have updated some textures, added new monsters, and completely revamped and added whole new areas. This is the level as I originally intended it, and I hope that you enjoy it."

It's a really nicely done level for 1994 standards - it's got a clear progression, nice monster placement and good visuals. There's a key hidden in a, well, secret, but it's a standard for 94 levels, so it's not too much of a flaw. It's not a particularly nasty one either - there's a BFG which isn't hard to obtain. There's some weird design choices such as wall-humping to get extra stuff, but all in all it's a good WAD.

And to you, Dr Sleep, rest in peace. Thank you for your work in Doom modding.

This concludes my playthrough of 1994 Top 10 Doom WADs. It's been a pleasant trip, really. As a personal favourite, I'd vote for The Evil Unleashed. It's a great set, maybe full of monsters at times, and Infernal Vortex (which I don't hate as much anymore), but it's incredibly well detailed and it offers a new kind of challenge to Doomers, maybe unrivaled in its difficulty until Final Doom. There were no bad maps in these, anyway. 

It's a playthrough of 59 levels that spanned from January 16th, 2017, until 10th September, 2018 - 1 year, 7 months, 25 days, or 603 days. That's 10 days per video on average. Not as bad as I thought it'll be after Serenity took about 200 days to complete, heh - from 31st August 2017, to 20th April 2018. If it were done sooner, it migh have all been completed in early 2018... but alas, it was a great journey. 

1995 incoming!

Edited by NaZa