Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

My first time playing the amazing and difficult Magnolia MAP31. This is Daerik's version of the map (made by Ribbiks), thanks to him for providing the wad.

Just getting into this stuff, so don't expect inhuman play (or good video quality for that matter, which looks even worse on the embedded picture). : D

For some reason I really like this map. So compact and it's kind of sick that you have a rocket launcher in just a few secs.

The blatant mistakes I found: I messed up the first shot after opening the red door hence the imp on the left could escape and he cost me at least half a second while I was getting out of that room (and getting out of the blue key's indenture should have been a little smoother), but the damage boost from the shotgunner while exiting the crowded area kinda mitigated that. Also could have opened the secret door quicker and should have stuck to the right side of the little "tunnel" at GA after I grabbed the red key; that imp (named him Greg) spawned right before me and it cost me precious time. Also could do a little more SR50 bursts here and there, for example right at the start where you cross the gap above the nukage to press the switch on the right wall.

Considering the fact that I just practiced for like 2-3 hours or so combined while also fucking around with settings (for some reason, widescreen 320x200 has a nice feel to it), it wasn't that bad I think (for me, at least), but there's obviously huge room for improvement, have to put in a LOT of hours. Anyway, just having fun, thought I share it with you guys.

Edited by Fluuschoen

Youtube unblocked my silly video from one of my earliest forays into this game when I hadn't even discovered vanilla gameplay yet.

Started a casual DOOM playthrough - with commentary - on my channel.  I'm planning to make this a weekly series, starting at E1M1 progressing through the whole franchise, up through the end of DOOM Eternal.

Yesterday I managed to get under 30 sec on E4M1; new personal best is 00:29.54. Next target is 00:28, roarr. The video quality also got a LOT better since last time (it's 1080p@60 fps now) due to changes in used software, hehe.

Edit: Haha, just reached 00:28, so 00:27 it is. : >

Edit 2: And 35 minutes later scored a 00:26. 00:25, I'm coming for you! \(: D)/

Edited by Fluuschoen

Here's a video where I play some crappy Doom WADs from Conrix (A.K.A. Xemnas) of the Winston Clan:

And here's a video where I play a classic Doom WAD called MOUNTAIN.WAD:

This video is not mine, but I found it to be pretty funny (i love corrupting games also). It deserves much more views!

Played on a new, ridiculously detailed, huge map (meant for GZDoom and PrBoom+ with complevel 11) a few days ago, this is my first game on it. There's some wandering around here and there, because it's REALLY big and the visual overload is no joke at places. : D

This is the corresponding forum thread. If you are interested, come, check it out, it's cool stuff.

And an E4M1 UV Speed, just for the sake of it. 00:25 is getting closer, but missing the last shotgun guy triggers my OCD heavily, every time I see it. : D

Not really as much of a gameplay video as it is a showcase, but I made a custom working tank in (GZ)Doom that even has a turret which moves independently of the tanks' body. The sprites and 3D model for the tank where not made by me (Though I had to go through a very tedious and painful process to make them usable in-game.) they are made by Gorman Freebmane.

I have also made a custom nuclear rocket launcher which I've also made a showcase video of, I may link that here as well eventually.

Note: If you've seen my posts on Doomworld where I mention how old and shitty my computer is and wonder how I could record the footage in the video. It's because for 1-2 months now I've had occasional access to a PC far better than mine to record on, but I'll lose access to it after tommorow for at least a few weeks which makes it impossible for me to make or release new videos. Which also means that I can't make a showcase video of a new version of the nuke launcher I made, which has some slight visual improvements on the mushroom cloud, produces a shockwave, and actually gives radiation poisoning with a random duration to all living things around the explosion.