Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

This is nothing amazing, but a little fun. The description says everything. No effort was put into this, but i think it came out funny, just watch to the end and listen to the music, even though it was mistakingly recorded through my mic instead of WHAT U HEAR.

I made this because of some comments to LP kdip part 5-1, which is a new update if anyone cares.

Haha almost perfect! I had some infighting going between a 3 Hell Knights and an Arachnotron once. As the last Hell Knight died and the plasma stream stopped, I turned around to take care of the spider and found it had fallen to the last shot the Hell Knight got off before he died :)

What was the map at the start of that? The music sounded cool.

Also hooray for new KDiP LP, I've been watching your YouTube channel for ages waiting for it :P

I think the music at the end is better than me having to spend only two shots to finish the fight.
Oh and that's map01 of my wad, i idclev'd to that arena map, and started the recording before that to show that i didn't input any codes. I already had that big arena on map27 to test out my custom enemies and stuff, and just filled it with required enemies for this.

Edit: oh and your story reminded me. I also have a sort of "tower of babel" remake in that wad too as filler, it had two cybers but otherwise was pretty similiar to the original. I recorded a demo on it once where i kill the first cyber normally (with rockets), than the rockets run out while i'm fighting the second one, so i took my pistol and finished him in like two shots. I was so amazed that one of his last rockets killed me too as he was exploding. Too bad both the port and the wad's versions changed since then and the demo is lost.

Actually after i finish the main levels i'll remake this arena into a level where you fight all of the custom monsters of the wad, and no standart ones. The song's going to be pretty appropriate.

That reminds me; isn't it possible to kill Korax before he teleports away and releases the ettins if you are the Cleric and use a lot of flechettes along with the Wraithverge? Good way to break the map. :P

i take no credit for this video. i just admire how he can play that many of the songs. i cant touch an instrument with it blowing up in some kind of way.

Ultraboy94 said:

i take no credit for this video. i just admire how he can play that many of the songs. i cant touch an instrument with it blowing up in some kind of way.

Hah, wow. I remember a while ago when this was posted. I believe that is Daniel, and I do also enjoy this video if not just for how well he can play the songs to each and every note.

Figured I'd contribute something even though I only lurk here in the backgrounds.

Yeah, I cheated, but it was only a test video, so, eh. (and I had found out part of the choppiness was having the video recorded to an external hard drive. Dumb me. >_<)

And, yeah, it isn't PrBoom. Scary! :P

An old video. I had no idea what I was doing D: Just uploaded. No sound.
Credits to Grazza for the E2M8 wow_x.wad modification.

I've worked out how to record 30fps 640x480 video, so I recorded me nearly dying on the first level of our favourite megawad! Also judging by the related videos list I'm the first person to have uploaded a WOS video :P

r_rr said:

Thanks for the credit, even though all I did was alter two bytes in a hex editor!

r_rr said:

An old video. I had no idea what I was doing D: Just uploaded. No sound.

Intermission screens shouldn't appear after terminal levels in Doom 1. I don't know which port came with this dumb idea, but PrBoom's included.

scalliano said:

MAP01 of my PSX-inspired GZDoom episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R0DHA8zzLc

I like your sparse use of colored lighting to complement areas, it really sets a mood in the room before the yellow key.

The first two secrets are great, really well hidden but accessible to those who are attentive. Perhaps vertically misalign the texture on the berzerk secret? It's very humping-walls-idbeholda missable as it is.

Super Jamie said:

Perhaps vertically misalign the texture on the berzerk secret? It's very humping-walls-idbeholda missable as it is.

Perhaps the vid doesn't show it up too well, but trust me, you'll notice it ingame. It uses the old recoloured texture trick, so it's as blatant as the first secret in E1M1 ;)

I got mutiny last week and I'm lovin' it. Anyway, here's a few videos of me playing "The Stranger" by WildWeasel and my custom Doom 2 ad:

Doom 2 ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0pngMNg7mk

Stranger Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhSbKYRxdyw

And as you can see below my icon, I'm a newbie so if anyone could tell me how to post videos directly (instead of a link) that would be a big help. Thanks and enjoy.

An ad from doom would never start with the main menu. Never.

Thanks for that Super Jamie. I'll upload a few others soon... Has anyone played and/or seen the Gangsta Grosse wad? That's what the Next video I'll probably upload will be about... .

40oz said:

An ad from doom would never start with the main menu. Never.

C'mon. I just thought it'd be good to start it off at the time. It wasn't like I was gonna send it to ID Software. Was it good otherwise?

WildWeasel said:

Here, see what I've been up to (outside of helping Starke on his Wolfenstein project):

Wow. I can't wait! Nah, I can actually. I'm playing your Diaz mod alot now. Up to (Doom 2)lvl 23 on the "HURT ME PLENTY" skill level. Here's a link to a thompson model If you want to use it (if you can) in Starke's Wolfenstein project too:

http://doomaholic.deviantart.com/art/Doom-M1A1-Thompson-design-138928074

It's a first, but it's pretty good for it I think. It's just a suggestion if you haven't made one yet. Hope you like it :)