Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Looks pretty cool. I couldn't really tell what Cortes was doing though, was he throwing his pistol then picking it up again?

40oz said:

Looks pretty cool. I couldn't really tell what Cortes was doing though, was he throwing his pistol then picking it up again?

Cortes uses the "New York Reload" technique: rather than reload her derringer, she instead either drops it (reload key) or throws it at the enemy (fire button) and then grabs another one from her bag.

Also shown: her melee attack is a slap to the face. =P

We have completed the first phase of our live-action shots that we promised the moment Hypertension was announced. We have some very rough draft, rough cut footage that we compiled two days after principle photography, which you can view here. Both teasers are a little different.

Yes, the music is from the Exorcist. ;)

This was shot on a $130 budget in two days, with 3 more days of filming coming up early next week. The footage will enter post processing next week and the official, high-quality trailer will hit on October 31st, 2009 through DieHard GameFan. The final trailer will have lots of exciting gameplay footage that we don't think Doomers have seen yet.

Here is the first cut.

]This is the second version that we cut. This one is my favorite.

Thoughts? If you can tell, the fat guy is our Bloated Butcher (from Blood). I wonder who's in the coat? ... =)

Nice job, I agree the second version was better. With a $130 budget you did great, although I don't know much about film so my opinion doesn't really matter ;) The bit when the butcher seems to be flailing about looks a little washed out though, and he doesn't seem to be flailing at the camera.

Computer problem. Any time I try to record with Fraps I get lag spikes. I ended up repeatedly changing Fraps' recording settings to get something that was playable and watchable (previous attempts were so laggy I got gunned down like a dog within a couple of minutes). My current settings are full size video at 1280x960 at 35 FPS (with ZDoom set to cl_capfps 1). I also have a widescreen monitor and the way nVidia handles scaling means that 640x480 and below will not render correctly.

I've been having a really strange issue where any game I play (and even stuff like DB2) will stutter for about a second (or two) every 30 seconds or so. Doesn't matter what the game is. It does this during ZDoom, and it does this during Half-life 2. It doesn't render the game unplayable by any means, but it is incredibly annoying.

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. I've run multiple memtests with no errors, dskchk with no errors or bad sectors, checked for viruses and other malware, swapped memory, swapped video cards, temperatures are beautiful, and the PSU's power is fine. I'm going mad, here. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm running Windows 7 32-bit RC build 7100 and that it could be somehow related to the issue. I've been browsing different support forums, but I can't seem to find any issues similar to mine.

I'm just hoping that whatever the problem is will disappear when I repartition for Windows 7 64-bit when it comes out next week.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this thread, so I won't comment further on this. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to PM them to me.

Never_Again said:

P.S. if the video playback is jerky, try watching them on YouTube.

Not watching them in "HD" fixes the problem.

Thanks for putting those up too, I've often wished they were on YouTube.

Following Woolie's lead and doing a gameplay video of Mutiny. This one is from Map23 of HR2. I die because I suck.

Never_Again said:

Interesting animation, Doomaholic. It's nice to see console videos, me never owning one, though almost all videos I have seen are of atrocious quality ... What is the magnification factor on that anim, BTW?

Yeah, sorry about that. It was the best animation I could find of it. And movie maker SUCKS. I need to upgrade!!!

Bashe said:

Following Woolie's lead and doing a gameplay video of Mutiny. This one is from Map23 of HR2. I die because I suck.

I dunno, making it that far into a Hell Revealed II map using Mutiny is no small feat with all the deadly hitscan enemies.

I recorded myself playing WildWeasel's sranger mod here. And does anyone know when his site's going to be back up? It says something about a "Reserrection", which probably means he's editing it. Thanks WildWeasel for your mods. They're the best.

DuckReconMajor said:

I tried to join a Tribute coop server, but it said I didn't have the right version of the wad. I tried both the idgames one and the one with the music.

That was probably an unofficial modified version of Tribute since the original version can't support more than 4 people(an issue for coop multiplayer according to Zalewa in the text file).