Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

Anyone planning on gettin Wolfenstein?

I might for the 360. Although I have a tendency not to finish the games I get.

I'll buy it, I enjoyed Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Raven in general makes good games. Hopefully if enough people support them they'll make another Soldier of Fortune or Hexen game.

Maybe after a price drop or two.

I'm sure I can find some fun in shooting Nazis, but Raven makes some of the most boring levels I've seen in first person shooters.

I'm going to wait for a few opinions on it before I do. I like some of what I've seen and I dislike other bits. I thought RTCW was a mixed bag. I liked some of it but, after a while, I thought that it got pretty bad. On balance, it was probably worth getting but, so far, I'm not convinced by the look of this new game.

RTCW took a fun classic game and turned it into a drab modern shooter with pretty lackluster level design. I expect the new one to be more of the same.

For some odd reason you can't download it in New Zealand. Yes, it makes no sense at all.
Edit: Ugh, you don't mean the XBLA version? Silly me.

Edward850 said:

For some odd reason you can't download it in New Zealand. Yes, it makes no sense at all.

Country restrictions suck ass. I last encountered it with Steam and Red Alert 3. Didn't care as someone ended up buying it for my birthday.

Yeah I'll get it. RTCW rules. (it's not flawless, but it's a great fun game)

Creaphis said:

Hexen 2 is balls.

If I don't happen to be in a PC game strike, by the early August, then I'll definitely use my money to buy it. But I often do something else than playing games, during holidays :(

Since my computer can barely run RTCW, probably not.

Archvile78 said:

I preordered it, hopefully it will be good.

I don't understood preordering. I never buy anything that doesn't have reviews.

I'll probably wait for a few reviews, but what will really make up my mind is a demo. Otherwise I'll wait for the price drop, unless it really sucks.

Scet said:

Since my computer can barely run RTCW, probably not.

I don't understood preordering. I never buy anything that doesn't have reviews.

I never really based opinion out of review as i prefer seeing the game by myself. Some game who can have bad review may end up being good so.

Perhaps if the price is inflated at the start, then you have a wise reason not to buy it. But if it's merely about old computers, well they are machines which you'll surely upgrade or replace eventually, being able to run stuff like Doom Builder 2 or Doom 3 as smooth as Doom 1.

I like its release date: it's very close to that of Doom 3 from 2004. And because it's from the id-based range of games, it's a must have.

printz said:

And because it's from the id-based range of games, it's a must have.

I've never got this train of thought, after all, shit is shit no matter who shat it.

RTCW was one of the latest (even though it's old by today's standard) FPS games that I found fun, but Wolfenstein's super power mode sounds like pure shit. I guess I could give the demo a try, but on the other hand demos usually contain only the best (or the best selling) part of the game (much like singles are for CDs), so that wouldn't tell much at all.

I'll download the demo for 360 if they release one, but won't buy the full game until the price comes down and all the reviews are in.

I loved RtCW plenty, but I'm hesitant. I'll wait for a demo and a lot of review before I get this one.

Still looks cool at least. Though honestly I'm looking forward to Singularity more.

I might get it, but not right away. I'll get it after all the release hype/fan disappointment is over. Then I can appreciate it for what it is.