Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lost Heretic

Scythe 2 Demos [-complevel 2]

Map16 "Mr. X"
NM100S in 0:34

I am quite done with this for the time being, so sorry for the spam. Every time I finished I'm like, "I still want to play this differently." Oh well. If I continue working on this map it'll be another day.

s216s034.zip

Altima said:

Map16 "Mr. X"
UV -respawn in 0:35

Does this run also count as a Pacifist? I don't directly hurt anything in the map and all kills seem forced >_>

"Count as Pacifist" - no, as Pacifist is plain UV. "Also pacifist" - yes :) Strange, isn't it?

vdgg said:

"Count as Pacifist" - no, as Pacifist is plain UV. "Also pacifist" - yes :) Strange, isn't it?

Lol, thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure cause I've never had a run that was also Pacifist but still hit 100% kills =P

If some demo from the 2nd Release page on DSDA desyncs, it's because it should be on the 1st Release page. I think Xit has never recorded on the new version.

what memfis said, but don't spend too much time trying for 6s on map06, it's a waste. :)

Don't worry about it! One demo per post is perfectly fine, as far as I'm concerned.
By the way I'd recommend adding some more info in the textfiles: your nickname, port\settings used, etc. Demo comments would be welcome too. :)

i'm a fan of zipping the demo zips into one big zip, but that's not a big deal. :P however including at least your name in the textfile is highly recommended, hah.

Heh, tried it, when player kills shotgunners behind the metallic door by BFG and enters into the red key area the door very often don't closes unlike killing shotgunners with RL. Very annoying thing. Well, you win on this map, at least for the time being.

I don't know why people play with intercepts overflow emulation. If you have it ON and the overflow happens, you get a borked demo. If you have it OFF and the overflow happens, you get a normal demo that plays back fine without IO emulation. (so better result I think)

I guess 95% of prboom+ users don't touch the special settings from the default; neither did I actually.
the setting I got are:
warn on spechits/reject/intercepts/playeringame overflow: "no"
try to emulate it "yes"

and

warn on donut/missedbackside overflow: "no"
try to emulate it "no"

I confess Ive no clue what those stuff means and are. (neither I care), give default- good running settings and nobody who isn't comfortable with those will ever touch :p

It's not that much of a problem as long as it happens once in bajillion attempts. Besides, you won't get replies like this anymore:

Ribbiks said:

what on earth happened in that 'magic' demo? o.O

Eventually it will happen to you during a really good attempt about 4 hours into okumap and then you'll be a little angry at yourself.
I was surprised that Ribbiks was surprised btw.

blob: if I understand correctly, these overflows sometimes happen while playing in doom2.exe, so prboom-plus emulates them to keep the compatibility. So it is better to have all compatibility settings except intercepts overflow to YES. This way the game should behave the same way it would in doom2.exe, unless the intercepts overflow occurs, emulating which is not desirable I think (better get a normal demo that plays back correctly only in prboom+ than a useless noclip demo that plays back everywhere).

That's the thing, memfis. Most of us may use prboom-plus, but it's not a totally dominant standard and that setting will break compat with other ports. I'm already worried enough by the compatability lost by ignoring VPOs to add an incompatability that strikes every 10000th demo.