Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lost Heretic

Scythe 2 Demos [-complevel 2]

sup :o)

working on uvmaxing whole scythe 2 (each map separately) with at least halfdecent times in gzdoom 1.5.2 with doom-strict compatibility... so far got done maps 1-26;28 with 24, 25, 26 being somewhat faster than those on DSDA =P... so just 27,29,30 are left

decided to post up those 3 just because I'm totally proud of doing those, but don't put them to DSDA just yet as I'd like to have there whole playthrough in 1 zip

Also, lost souls were ignored (I've set it to not count lost souls as kills)

hud used

map 24 in 12:58
map 25 in 15:55
map 26 in 5:03

in case too lazy to get it to work / something getting screwed up, it'll be upped to youtube in a day or two

[insert name here].zip

Your MAP26 strategy is pretty awesome, great job! (didn't watch the other two yet)

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Credit for the route goes to j4rio.

Map 14 UV-Max in 4:47

I'm glad you managed to do do it ;)

I'm already done with s2, just those secret maps missing. I Guess I'm moving to prb+ now since I finally solved that mouse trouble.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Map 18 UV-Max in 2:53

Very non-trivial record, it's over 1.5 times shorter than Gusta's original time for the first release of Scythe2 (4:28). Thank you for a fast-paced and solid demo on this unforgettable, surreally themed level!

j4rio said:
sup :o)

working on uvmaxing whole scythe 2 (each map separately) with at least halfdecent times in gzdoom 1.5.2 with doom-strict compatibility... so far got done maps 1-26;28 with 24, 25, 26 being somewhat faster than those on DSDA =P... so just 27,29,30 are left

decided to post up those 3 just because I'm totally proud of doing those, but don't put them to DSDA just yet as I'd like to have there whole playthrough in 1 zip

Also, lost souls were ignored (I've set it to not count lost souls as kills)

hud used

Soooo here we go :o)

E: goddamnit too big file :S
hafta upload somewhere else

E: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=187O42TJ

j4rio said:
E: goddamnit too big file :S
hafta upload somewhere else

Bad idea, as the link will die. The best thing to do in such a case is to split the pack into more than one zip of up to 200 KB each, making more than one post. That's not considered "spamming", unlike most other multi-post cases.

myk said:

Bad idea, as the link will die. The best thing to do in such a case is to split the pack into more than one zip of up to 200 KB each, making more than one post. That's not considered "spamming", unlike most other multi-post cases.

He released a demo pack through whole a megawad, so dividing pack is not so good. If his final purpose is archiving to DSDA, the temporary link is still OK. However, the link should be changed when the pack is archived to DSDA.

By the way, j4rio, you should write a time-table of your pack in the text.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:
He released a demo pack through whole a megawad, so dividing pack is not so good.

Hah, tell that to id Software, that divided DOOM into a bunch of floppies :p

Mainly I say that because the two sites are not associated directly, so if in the future anything happens to the DSDA but the forum continues to exist, the posts about demos without attachments will become pointless. Andy could still get the zips and merge them, if they are meant to go together on the DSDA. Nothing stops people from posting here with an attachment and also emailing the same to Andy so he doesn't have get it when he comes here, as well.

Packs with only one text file aren't such a great idea, anyway; I prefer one text file per demo, perhaps with an extra general text file for the whole thing, so later viewers can choose whether they keep the pack as a whole or mix it with other demos.

something is telling me Xit has just realised there is a second version of the wad :p

j4rio said:

something is telling me Xit has just realised there is a second version of the wad :p

He's posted demos for both versions before. Perhaps he just had the wrong one loaded...

Edit: ok, wasn't aware of that sorry :)

NoobBait said:

He's posted demos for both versions before. Perhaps he just had the wrong one loaded...

A bunch of runs at DSDA from the first version, which remained compatible with the second version were moved there. Second version was almost demo-free until the demo move.

that was entertaining, you certainly backtrack for cells much less. shame about the last HK and the exit stairs were good comedy. :)

Minor improvement to my Map 28 UV-fast. By minor, I mean all of one second shaved off, making the new time 7:12.

I'm only really posting this to say I finally managed to skip the line that makes the trio of Afrits before the revs pop up. Whee I guess :P?

Also close calls and general screwing up. I think I can get sub 7 here with enough effort, but I'm gonna give it a rest for today and try again tomorrow.

s228f712.zip

Ok, so getting a decent map 28 UV-fast isn't going so well.

In the meantime, I decided to do a NM-Speed for the level, clocking in at 0:44. Improvable, but there's also two bonus demos showing off two AV Jumps that might be worth attempting for anyone extremely devoted enough.

s228n044.zip