Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Before the Rage

id Software has put up an official teaser website for their upcoming new IP Rage. The website is called After the Impact. If you're allergic to slow loading Flashy websites, then you might want to stay away. But if you're into that kind of stuff and want to get a taste of what Rage will be all about, it should be right up your alley.

Reminds me of Out of This World mixed with Fallout 3. Interesting but means nothing without gameplay footage

The odd shaped skull with the hole in its side suggests monster/alien/beast fighting via. guns.

Dunno if that's already common knowledge about the game or anything, though.

Yeah that was painfully slow. If the flash teaser of rage is far too much my computer to run, I'm worried about being able to find a computer that will perform rage and a decent FPS.

I zoomed in on the dude on the horizon, listened to him talk for a little and zoomed out. He stopped talking so I zoomed back in. He started over, I closed the window...

Shapeless said:

I don't see jack shit but a frame on a black screen.

Same here, but it's not a big loss for me I guess... so far I'm not particulary interested in Rage anyway.

It's a nice enough piece of concept art, hardly warrants a two minute load time and ridiculous flash applet though.

That site is nothing but a waste of time presently.

Given the design I presume that as we get closer to launch then more "stuff" will appear in the landscape that can be interacted with. However, I doubt I'll bother returning to frequently waste time "searching" for it.

The only things I learned about the game from this website was that there was some kind of horrible disaster/accident/scientist that messed up the area/world and that there is some confused guy stumbling through that strange world.

Pretty much as I said in another thread recently:

Flash, a great way to ensure that people don't look at your website.

kristus said:

If you're allergic to slow loading Flashy websites, then you might want to stay away.

I'm a victim with this computer. The farthest I could get was a screen with a file very similar to the Doom 3 PDAs: lots of miscellaneous personal data which would be useful in an investigation game, but merely as decoration in an action game.

Idea being: the execution of Doom 3 was cool, giving enough detail about the electronics and workers to make the UAC base believeable, but using this strategy again in Rage gets old. Assuming it's a racing shooter game with Teen rating, I'd expect a less serious game, with more ambiguity.

Is this game giving anyone a hard on? seriously, I'm not saying it's going to suck, I mean it's id software after all and it does look interesting. I just don't see any really cool looking monster like the pinky demon or hellknight from D3.

I think this game looks very interesting. It surely doesn't feel like the typical run n' gun shoot everything that moves type of game that id always seems to make. There will probably be some of that, but this seems a bit more sophisticated than that.

I'm excited about this game. The idea of roaming the wastelands in your personal ride and then stop by somewhere for some good FPS fun. Really, it's a game I've been waiting for since I first played Doom.

I'm looking forward to Rage too. No idea what I'm playing it on but I'll worry about that later.

Enjay said:

Flash, a great way to ensure that people don't look at your website.

ROTFLMAO!

A notice to that effect should be mandatory in every webmaster training class and on the front page of every web scripting language's home pages :)

well I downloaded the latest version of Flash and can now get some sleep. The carnival fortress looks creepy and cool, And the water is contaminated with swine flu. so this is a 2010 game which gives me alot of time to save up.