Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demonstein4d

Doom on PSN?

Does anybody have any idea when or if any version of doom is coming to playstation network? If Wolf3d made it, it would be awesome if they did the same thing with the xbla version. except online play on ps3 is free. i would get pissed if they overpriced it unlike wolf3d.

If ID intended to release Doom for PSN, i'm sure they'd have done it at the same time they released it on XBLA.

I, for one, would still hope to see Doom 2 or Final Doom making it onto XBLA. But i'm pretty sure it won't happen.

Archvile78 said:I, for one, would still hope to see Doom 2 or Final Doom making it onto XBLA. But i'm pretty sure it won't happen. [/B]

I remember hearing that Final Doom had an ESRB listing at one point, but MS were also making some noise about cutting down on the number of XBLA ports. There might well be a half-finished port stuck in development hell.

Seems like PSN never gets a lot of the cool stuff... Rez HD in particular. Hopefully if Doom does make it over to PS3, they iron out a few things--it always bugged me how you couldn't remap the controls.

No custom content for them if id decides to let them have it on XBL and PSN..

Archvile78 said:

If ID intended to release Doom for PSN, i'm sure they'd have done it at the same time they released it on XBLA.

I, for one, would still hope to see Doom 2 or Final Doom making it onto XBLA. But i'm pretty sure it won't happen.

I have played XBLA doom. it is great. i do prefer the default controls, the quality and such... some reason they do that with xbl. everything is either first on 360, or exclusive. for instance, rock band 2. that kinda pissed me off

Desperately needed, with >4-player multiplayer, split screen and whatever graphical improvements they're making for the iPhone version.

Red ring of death. Online network is not free. Case fans are loud. Slowdown in games (Gears of war, WTF? I'd prefer to play the game over 25 fps)

That would be the Xbox 360. Or maybe we just got a bad one, I don't know. But that's where I'm coming from with that. Killzone 2 runs flawlessly on the PS3. Slowdown seems completely minimal on the PS3.

And Dead Rising sucked.

PS3 supports up to 6 controllers, so obviously we're just waiting for Id to implement 6-player splitscreen.

Reaper978 said:

Slowdown seems completely minimal on the PS3.

Assassin's Creed and inFamous spring to mind as obvious cases.

Can't vouch for Assassin's Creed, but I haven't experienced any slowdown in inFamous yet. *shrug*

Also, PS3 supports 7 controllers. No idea why they chose that number. If you're using one of the BD remotes, though, yes it's only six because it counts as a controller.

if you look at the lights that are numbered 1-4 on the top of the PS3 controller, one is lit for the number controller it is. so, if it the 3rd controller that is currently "plugged in" to the ps3, then the number 3 light will be lit.

when it gets to controller 5, though, the controller lights both lights 1 and 4, to show 1+4 = 5.
then controller 6 is 2+4 = 6.
then controller 7 is 3+4 = 7.

there isnt enough space for a controller 8.

they could have had a blinking 4 to show controller 8, but then people would think that the battery is low on controller 4...

hope that makes sense.

also ps3 is the better system. otherwise why would i have 3?

i wish they did doom for psn. i didnt get wolf3d for psn, but i might soon.

I love my PS3 but I wouldn't need 3. I've never played an Xbox 360 though so I wouldn't know how to compare the two, but it seems that most people who have 360s just laugh at me and say "PS3 ain't got gaaames!" Dunno what they're talking about cause I got like 20 or so.

I find the whole thing laughable to begin with. The biggest plus for each console should be what games they have, but honestly, there are so many multi-platform games these days, it really makes no difference. And even when it comes to console exclusives, I've never really found any of them to be outstanding.

Basically, the reason I got my 360 was coz I preferred it's controller, it was cheaper, and more of my friends had it, so it was a more appealing option for when it came to multiplayer and stuff. But even then, I still plan to get a PS3, for the sake of Blu-Ray, and some exclusives which actually are good.

But yeah, I have to agree with what someone up there said. The only version of Doom I would be happy with on PSN would have to be the PSX one.

I bought the XBLA Doom for fun since it was only 400 MP's. But I would rather play the PC version or the Playstation version of Doom or Final Doom but most prefer the PC version.