Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aivar242

ID on Hi-Res Textures

Somebody knows as to change name Hi-Res of a texture in port jDoom that all worked? In what ded it varies?

Gez said:

That was the answer to a question that wasn't asked.

What exactly is the question?

The way I read "where are ID on this subject", he's asking about Id Software's stance on those kind of things -- so I suppose whether they consider it fair use or copyright infringement...

English isn't the OP's native language. He's Russian according to a previous post.

I think he is asking for a download link for hi-res textures.

Don't see the point of talking about ID then, even in Russian, but anyway if that's the link he wants he has it in the first reply.

You have not correctly understood me. I had in view of the name of new textures. New names differ from original and I wish to learn, where there is this list in port jDoom? Wish to put to new textures the name...
In general I wish to change names of new textures. How it to make???

As far as I understand, he wants to change hi-res texture filename in his hires texture pack. Something like aivar242_tekgren2.png instead of tekgren2.png. Probably he asked about some alias system in a DED or somewhere else. Like:

[textures]
tekgren2=aivar242_tekgren2.png

aivar242 said:

Somebody knows where are ID on Hi-Res Textures in port jDoom?

What's that? Timmy fell down the well?

entryway said:

As far as I understand, he wants to change hi-res texture filename in his hires texture pack. Something like aivar242_tekgren2.png instead of tekgren2.png. Probably he asked about some alias system in a DED or somewhere else

No such name aliasing feature exists. To be honest, I'm drawing a blank when trying to think of a situation when such a feature would be both useful and practical.

However, as of version 1.9.0-beta6 it is possible to create a new Material definition with a new name that uses an existing texture/flat/sprite/etc... (see http://dengine.net/dew/index.php?title=Ded_material).

aivar242 said:

Somebody knows as to change name Hi-Res of a texture in port jDoom that all worked? In what ded it varies?

You're making it worse!