Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bank

Cyberdemon & Friends and Shambler & Pals (Complete and LARGE images)

Truly epic work there!
I think I like the Quake picture even more than the Doom one... The fish biting into the Enforcer's gun and Chton in a bathtub full of magma alone make this an outstanding piece of work :D

Great job Bank, giving me a run for the bank that is ;). I wan't that big into Heretic but the Iron Lich is definitely my favorite thus far. and one of the most memorable foes in the game. You've got to make the Golem dying with the ghost being set free.

Hilarious work bank! I love every picture!

Not to distract from Heretic, but what about Yorp and crew? Or Dopefish and company? Though Keen characters might already fit into that funny artistic style.

Congrats on finally finishing up your Quake critter montage, and I'm pleased to see you've taken on Heretic, which never seems to get much love from the artistic community, as your next theme.

"...and I'm pleased to see you've taken on Heretic, which never seems to get much love from the artistic community"

that's because the creatures are pretty bland compared to ones from Doom and Quake. don't get me wrong I like some of them, but overall they are quite forgettable.

Shapeless said:

that's because the creatures are pretty bland compared to ones from Doom and Quake. don't get me wrong I like some of them, but overall they are quite forgettable.

The sprites are worse, but the characters are actually quite interesting.

Heretic and Hexen have a unique art direction that is almost ubiquitous in modern Doom mapping with source ports allowing the differences to bleed over.

Now Strife is a game with forgettable enemies.

This is fantastic! If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to blow large chunks of my winnings on getting your work converted into a cartoon

Captain Red said:

This is fantastic! If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to blow large chunks of my winnings on getting your work converted into a cartoon

I second that.

Bank said:

Now Strife is a game with forgettable enemies.

Seriously - I always thought the map design was the strong point of that game, with some of those non-linear areas.

Heretic enemies were generic in behavior (mostly just fireballs and melee), but I find the visual style to be really cool and they all fit the theme. I guess Hexen improved a lot on enemies.

Captain Red said:

blow large chunks

You're going to WHAT

The Heretic Acolyte looks like a fish lol. Are you going to finsih "D'Sparil and Pals"? Or is that done now? I was still hoping for a "Programmer and Pals" to complete the circle :P

I think I found a new background. :D

Awesome job, Bank! These are great. I love the Doom Hell Knight and Quake Fiend the most.

Hey there, unfortunately no. I got caught up in other projects and never finished these guys.