Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bank

Cyberdemon & Friends and Shambler & Pals (Complete and LARGE images)

the 2 new additions are my new favorites. These would make some great plushy's, I would definitely grab some.

I guess all that's missing are the former humans and the Mancubus. Bank is teasing me by saving him for last. will there be a specture? I wonder.

DuckReconMajor said:

The archanotron look familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe you should take a seat.

Mancubus is turning out very hard to do; but I'll get him eventually.

I imagine an episode of this cartoon where Imp makes fun of Baron for some reason, and the gag of the episode is Archvile keeps having to revive Imp after getting clobbered by Baron from each of his taunts.

Or something.

Super Jamie said:

These are so cute :)

I always thought the Mancubus would be fatter tho?

It's a mancubus, not Super Jamie.

Nice. That's so totally my desktop background now. :D

will we see the former humans and chaingun commando Bank? or are you going to keep it strictly monsters?

any plans for a Quake version chthon and friends?

Shapeless said:

will we see the former humans and chaingun commando Bank? or are you going to keep it strictly monsters?

any plans for a Quake version chthon and friends?

Probably will not do the zombies; although if I can come up with one that doesn't look terrible they might pop up.

As for Quake, I donno...

I can't believe I missed this epic thread. I love the Arachnotron, heh. Also the Shambler is really awesome too. Nice stuff Bank :D

If doing these has taught me anything it's that Quake has terrible graphics.

The arachnotron and the demon are me favorite.

I have to ask but what is that blue blob thing? I don't remember it from Quake.

Ha, those Quake ones look great too! Looking forward to seeing the fiend and the ogre, especially...

Bank said:
If doing these has taught me anything it's that Quake has terrible graphics.

I was visiting a QuakeWorld related forum recently, after having set the game up, and there was this guy going on about how to set Quake up to look good and modern, and it made the models look quite horrible due to the combination of GL effects and their simplicity (not to mention he had replaced the original gritty and low res textures with over-clean high res ones).

I do like how the models look in software mode in lower resolutions, though, where the simpler polygons just serve as a base that fits in the pixelated but moody environment.

Quake was developed on low res and 8-bit, and it shows, thus increasing resolution or adding special effects isn't really going to make it look better, just different and most probably worse.

That perfectly and eloquently sums up my feelings on the JDTP and MD2 models in Doom as well. Thanks, I've been looking for a more diplomatic explanation than "this looks like balls".

KDiZD would never have removed infighting if they had seen this. These guys were born to infight.

I love these pics. The revenant is possibly my favorite, and the arachnotron is simply gorgeous, but they are all amazing.

Shapeless said:

will there be a specture? I wonder.

Heh. The spectre is already there. He is just invisible.

The Arachnotron and Pinky are adorable, but I didn't care for the Mancubus rendition.

I'm digging the Quake ones so far--the Scrag looks impossibly optimistic.

Kyka said:

Heh. The spectre is already there. He is just invisible.

Wet on the picture so that it will have a spectre threatening you for doing it.