Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

anyone ever tried useing Final Fantasy Music in Doom Wads?

I once heard Dancing Mad (FFVI's final battle) used for a final level in a high-profile Megawad (I think it was one of the Scythes?) and it sounded extremely out of place to me. Probably because I knew exactly what it was from, but it lead me to IDMUS to something else.

I tend to prefer when all the music sounds like its unique to that wad or game. Although a few times ive been blown away by music lifted from other games, only not knowing they were lifted. Ultimate Simplicity for example. Map10's theme was amazing and addictive to point I had in my head for a week. I much later bought Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox Live Arcade, and got to a cetain level and.....BAM, I found out where Map10 got its theme, and I was mindblown. And then turned up the volume REALLY high.

I'd probably go with lesser known themes of a similar nature, regardless of how much a theme might fit, if everyone recognies it from a popular game, your generally going to get some flak. Or so I assume.

Ragnor said:

I once heard Dancing Mad (FFVI's final battle) used for a final level in a high-profile Megawad (I think it was one of the Scythes?) and it sounded extremely out of place to me. Probably because I knew exactly what it was from, but it lead me to IDMUS to something else.

I tend to prefer when all the music sounds like its unique to that wad or game. Although a few times ive been blown away by music lifted from other games, only not knowing they were lifted. Ultimate Simplicity for example. Map10's theme was amazing and addictive to point I had in my head for a week. I much later bought Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox Live Arcade, and got to a cetain level and.....BAM, I found out where Map10 got its theme, and I was mindblown. And then turned up the volume REALLY high.

I'd probably go with lesser known themes of a similar nature, regardless of how much a theme might fit, if everyone recognies it from a popular game, your generally going to get some flak. Or so I assume.

True.. heh I wonder if I'd get flamed if I used a Halo Midi lol.

I had a wad that put in FF music from 4, 5 and 6 in one wad (as well as a few sound effects) but i lost it.