Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aaronjw

Adding custom music to a wad

I downloaded Doom Builder 2 a couple of days ago and went through the video tutorials on the website. I love the program, and am now happily making maps that I love but probably aren't really all that great ;)

But, what I want to know is, how can I add a custom midi files to my wads? I've got Finale, so I can easily make midis if I get musical inspiration. How do I put them in my maps? Can Doom Builder do it on its own, or do I need a new program?

Aaronjw said:

I downloaded Doom Builder 2 a couple of days ago and went through the video tutorials on the website. I love the program, and am now happily making maps that I love but probably aren't really all that great ;)

But, what I want to know is, how can I add a custom midi files to my wads? I've got Finale, so I can easily make midis if I get musical inspiration. How do I put them in my maps? Can Doom Builder do it on its own, or do I need a new program?

You need a Wad editor (I reccomend Slumped) http://slumped.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads

Ok.. lemme think.. you load your Midi into your Wad with Slumped.. Im assumeing your making map for Doom 2 correct? ok what you do is Move your Midi so it is on the Bottom of the List of the stuff in the Wad.. then you Re-name the Midi to D_RUNNIN if your map uses the MAP01 Slot.

Heres a list of Music Names if you plan on making more than 1 level in your wads.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_II_music

If your Map is for Ultimate Doom and your map Takes for example.. E1M1 then you have to name your Midi D_E1M1 instead of D_RUNNIN.

Hope I helped.. I sorta suck at explaining.