Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Dweller

Question regarding sector color in skulltag

I'm trying to create a deepwater effect for lava in one of my maps. I got the deepwater effect working, and I'm currently working on the sector color, using the colorsetter thing under sector actions in the things menu.

At first it seemed rather straight forward, do I want it red, green, or blue, and how much? So I gave red a value of 200, thinking it would give it a nice, thick, murky, lava look. Apparently it doesn't work that way.

To make a long story short, after testing each of the three colors I discovered that Red is Green, Green is Blue, and Blue is Black. So, my question is this: How do I make Red?

Seriously, what the dick, man?

You might prefer to use Sector_SetFade rather than Sector_SetColor, although that's probably not the problem here.
Try putting it in a script instead - ie, Sector_SetColor(tag,r,g,b).
The colours shouldn't be mixed up though.
I tried setting red to 200 myself, and the sector went red. Are you sure you're setting the values right? Ie, red value as 200, and the green and blue values both as 0? The only way the sector could go black is if you set all three values to 0, or to the same number.
Another possibility is that the colours are combining with the textures you've used to create an unexpected colour.

yeah, I only set one color at a time, so the rest of the colors were set to 0. Is Sector_SetFade in things or is that a scripting reference?

Sector_SetFade is used in scripts - in the thing action, it'd be action 213 - Sector Fade.

I tried Sector Fade and, with Red/Green/Blue set to 200/0/0 respectively, it only yielded a lighter shade of green. I tried switching back and forth between Sector Color and Sector Fade, and I only got alternating shades of green.

If it helps I'm not using the actual Deepwater Thing. I'm just using the 3D Floor line action set to Type 2 with the FadeSetter thing in the dummy sector.

Its easier if you make a script based on the colour you want. To make a script, go to the "scripts" tab. Then click "make script" and start with this (if you don't have any existing scripts already, if you do, then ignore the #include "zcommon.acs" part of the script):

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{
Sector_SetColor (const:1, 224, 0, 0);
Sector_SetFade (const: 1, 224, 0, 0);
}

This script will surely give a thick, viscuos red colour.

The number 1 (when found in this part of the script(const: 1, 224, 0, 0); is the sector tag. Set this accordingly depenging if you're using sector tags already in the map.

I had some problems like this with ST in the past too. But I just checked the maps that had colour issues and they seem fine on the newer version I have now.

Why bother with the 'const:' part? I've never used it, and things have always worked fine for me.