Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NoWits

Anyone know any BLASTFEST levels?

Like a level of rooms with swarms of enemies and heaps of weapons and health and ammo? I just need something to test my in-development weapon mod on... (I can post a test link if anyone's interested)

Heh hehhh I have used Oblige but it doesn't have the guns I modified at the start, so I always still have to use IDKFA :(

I did try Hell Revealed, and it's nowhere near as hard as it's cracked up to be. I played upto MAP05 before I continued to perfect my mod, and I never died, whereas I died on Scythe MAP03 continuously! What's up with that?

HR gets hard a lot later than people tell you. I think I got up to map20 or so before hitting the real hard stuff, while in scythe 2 every 5th level is the end of an episode, thus the difficulty had to ramp up pretty fast. If anything try map26 of hell revealed I think it was, the one where you're on a platform in the middle of a bunch of hell knights and revenants and if you fall down you're in damaging slime. I've heard from others and think so myself that it's the hardest map in HR, so you'll find plenty of stuff to kill there ;D

EDIT: just checked, I meant map24 -.-

Nixot said:

I did try Hell Revealed, and it's nowhere near as hard as it's cracked up to be. I played upto MAP05 before I continued to perfect my mod, and I never died, whereas I died on Scythe MAP03 continuously! What's up with that?

The first ten maps aren't all that fearsome. Try HR maps 13 and onward (or 11, or I guess 9).

But HR isn't just mindless slaughter anyway, so isn't really so appropriate here.

Squares by Costa Lappas might be a good choice - certainly a slaughter map. Other notorious slaughter maps are Dario Casali's seej and punisher. Also many of the maps in Squadron too. And you could also look at 1coop which certainly has big monster counts. And the last two maps of oneweek.

Hell Revealed starts nice and has a harmless sky at the first episode, but the difficulty slopes up hugely by levels 11-13. Level 13 can't be done if you aren't brave, for example. Once you enter heaven (13-20), you're toast.

Grazza said:

Dario's Casali's seej and punisher.

Seconded, I simply love punisher.

Nixot said:

Heh hehhh I have used Oblige but it doesn't have the guns I modified at the start, so I always still have to use IDKFA :(

Guns modified? What do you mean, did you actually alter the game files to your liking?