Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Doom Cartoon

Please don't send this to post hell. I've tried to be good!

Anyways, Do you think Doom would have made a good cartoon show? I mean, they made cartoons about "Starship Troopers" "Clerks" and "Mario", right?

Mario was OK, but I remember it showed 4 times a week, and Zelda showed the 5th time. The Zelda cartoon I loved. Mario I didn't really care for.

Doom has the potential to make a good cartoon, but as we've seen with the Doom comic book, the chances of that happening are practically non-existant.

We must hope that DOOM3 doesn't spawn too much merchandise... though t-shirts, posters and action figures would rock :)

Doom a catoon?

Nah, don't think so - it'd end up looking like the Doom comic (which is fun as Hell, but makes Doom seem like shit).

Also: What about story? It'd probably suffer the same fate as a potential movie would, which = dragging the Doom franchise into a pool of dirt.

i would be really pissed if they did and it eneded up looking like those cartoons of superman, batman, batbeyond, and otherones. they need to learn how to draw more exciting characters.
doom would work but they would mess it up with weird story plots and everything else.

We must hope that DOOM3 doesn't spawn too much merchandise... though t-shirts, posters and action figures would rock :)

Go to the shopping maul at idsoftware.com for shirts and stuff, old shirts anyway.

Doom Cartoon? How would they do that? There would be only two plots with the cartoon that would make any sense (and they are the plots from the games)-demons have taken over the local moon base, you're the only left, blah blah blah, or #2-demons have landed on Earth and it's up to you and only you to stop them. I suppose they could come up with better plots/ideas, but it would probably end up killing the cartoon.
I disagree with a Doom Cartoon, in short.

If we're talking of adult cartoons. I mean, demonic symbols, impaled people and gore isn't exactly what Cartoon Network's looking for.

I personally would like to see some Japanese studio in charge of this (This doesn't mean people will have big eyes and crisped hair). It's just that they rock when it comes to perspective consistency and overall detail.

If we're talking of adult cartoons. I mean, demonic symbols, impaled people and gore isn't exactly what Cartoon Network's looking for.

Maybe some movie network (HBO, Showtime) might air it IF they would made one. They did it with Spawn (HBO) and when Doom 3 is released maybe they'll grow brains and devise some kind of story series.

Fredrik, you incredribly geeky geek.

Don't forget DOOM spoons, color-me-fun-books, candy, McImp burgers (figure what those are made of) and underwear :D

And last but not least, Doom the flamethrower (the kids love this one)!

Last time I checked there wasn't a flamethrower in Doom. *Gasp* You're not saying that you've SEEN some Doom 3 footage, which we haven't?

Don't forget DOOM spoons, color-me-fun-books, candy, McImp burgers (figure what those are made of) and underwear :D

i would kill and mutilate for doom underwear:P

Sweet Christmas! Big-Mouthed floating thingies! It's always something!

Ah, the hilarious review of the Doom comic. I remember that I almost laughed my dinner out of my nose, from just reading that review last time someone provided a link to that review, lol.

You got me folks. I've read this thing about six times, and I can't figure it out. Here are some of the possibilities:

It is a big advertisement for Doom. I don't know how this would be effective though, as the comic book makes Doom look to be about as appealing as banging your head against a heated radiator for three hours straight.
It is a big advertisement for guns. The only "theme" to speak of in this comic is the fact that the Doom guy likes guns and (consequently) enjoys shooting things. He shoots monsters. He shoots zombies. He shoots barrels. He shoots random inanimate objects. When the room is dark, instead of finding a lightswitch, he repeatedly fires his gun. Charlton Heston probably has some stake in id Software. Either that or the writers enjoy the "shooting" theme, as in "Yeah man, we were all shooting heroin when we made the Doom comic book."
The comic book authors lost a bet.

ROFLMAO

Oh, and to those of you who wants an extra laugh and are interested in the whole comic you can grab it here

Look under 'oddities'