Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Pure Unrefined Intelligence

so wait .... gasoline won't turn me into a machine? Goddamnit, all that time and money wasted!

"[...] he started to drink gasoline from motorcycles, sometimes two or three bottles at a time."

And he never had to have his stomach pumped? Scratch that, better question: and he survived?

...and I bet the parents of the kid will be stupid enough to sue the studio, and anyone involved, for giving him the idea to try.

Unless something goes horribly wrong, like the parents actually blaming the kid for being stupid, just watch.

Ooohh, on I burn, fuel is pumping engines, burning hard, loose and clean. And on I burn, churning my direction. Quench my thirst with gasoline.

SO GIVE ME FUEL, GIVE ME FIRE, GIVE ME THAT WHICH I DESIRE!

Oooohhh, yeaheah.

Ok it all makes sense. Those parents must be total idiots. The first article made them look super ignorant. These two parental geniuses knew about it and failed to stop the boy. And almost all Chinese fuels contain lead. Just the lead in the Carbon Monoxide here made kids dumb, this kid was drinking it like an alcoholic.

Pfft, mistaking the consumption of fuels as energy. It's energon!

I call BS:

In adults, about 20 to 50 g can cause severe intoxication and 350 g (12 oz.) can result in death for a 70 kg individual. As little as 10 to 15 g (less than one-half ounce) may be fatal in children. Symptoms of intoxication by ingestion of gasoline can range from vomiting, vertigo, drowsiness and confusion to loss of consciousness, convulsions, hemorrhaging of the lungs and internal organs, and death due to circulatory failure. Ingestion can cause irritation to the gastrointestinal mucosa and can be complicated by pulmonary aspiration, resulting in chemical pneumonitis.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/MHMI/mmg72.html

14 years old?

By then I was drinking something, but it sure as hell wasn't Gasoline.

"The gasoline contains a lot of lead, which can do harm to people's brains. To make thing even worse, the boy is in the physical development stage, and the lead has caused serious damage to his body,"

"The gasoline contains a lot of lead, which can do harm to people's brains.

"The gasoline contains a lot of lead, which can do harm

"The gasoline contains a lot of lead

a lot of lead

lead

What. The. FUCK.

You learn something new every day. Like that drinking gasoline won't outright kill you. Or that you can get addicted to it.

Yeah, I'm going to lean towards the "BS" side on this one. From reading Snopes.com religiously for a couple years, I learned that one of the big warning signs that a news story is fabricated is if no names are given. And yeah, I'm not seeing any names in this article.

I think the story was exaggerated by an overenthusiastic reporter. People apparently sniff gasoline to get high. The CDC link points out that possible effects of sniffing are "mental dullness" and "brain disease." The story does mention that the parents found him sniffing lighter fluid.

This seems much more plausible to me than some kind of wonder kid that can drink "two to three bottles" of gas at a time. It's also odd that the article doesn't mention any other side effects, since it's pretty clear from health warnings about gas that the kid would have a ton of other physical ailments.

a doctor from the hospital said.
"The gasoline contains a lot of lead, which can do harm to people's brains. To make thing even worse, the boy is in the physical development stage, and the lead has caused serious damage to his body,"

Perhaps he should be using diesel or unleaded instead?

A 14-YEAR-OLD boy drank gasoline for five years to obtain "energy" just as his idols "Bumble Bee" or "Optimus Prime" do in "Transformers.

John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."

Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"

I suspected bullshit when I saw them describe the gasoline's lead content as the main danger. Know what else will kill you when you drink it? GASOLINE.

Getting high by sniffing gasoline is nothing new, though. One of my step-grandpa's kids transformed himself into a gibbering paraplegic that way. Now he's dead. (No blood relation to myself.)

I did a Google search for "drinking gasoline" and found this, this, and this. Incredibly, these posts seem to trump even the original story in terms of stupidity.

Yahoo Answers -- for when you think your faith in humanity is in danger of reappearing.

Yahoo Answers -- trolls trolling trolls. Its questions should be taken about as seriously as life advice from /b/.

Wait... So I've been drinking all this gas for NOTHING!? Damn, I thought I was so close to becoming Optimus Prime... I could have sworn I have robot arms...

Butts said:

Wait... So I've been drinking all this gas for NOTHING!? Damn, I thought I was so close to becoming Optimus Prime... I could have sworn I have robot arms...

You DO have robot arms, though for now they're covered by living flesh (which technically makes you a cyborg) which will peel away - provided you keep drinking.

The gasoline quality in mainland China is notorious for being far from ideal, with a low octane rating and watering down.

No wonder he didn't become smart. This requires only the finest 100 octane gasoline, for a 100 octane intelligence. Just like Optimus Prime. Hmm...then again, there's avgas with more than 100 octanes...hmm...

So if he wanted to become like Megatron or the decepticons, he should drink Jet A fuel?