Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

impulse purchase

Ok, so there's probably a recent DOOM hype going around the gaming community ever since Collector's DOOM came out and rumors of DOOM ]l[ being released in the near future. On the latter game, how are your plans for buying it?

I'd wait until I'm dead sure what the minimum reqs are (just before - or after release), then I'd upgrade my comp to something, which can run "Doom 3" with all features without too many problems.

Well I can only choose the last one. Otherwise something is deeply wrong.

Now I'd like to know the reason behind that specific option.

Yeah, I'd like to know what that last option is good for too.
Speak up please!

I dont' expect that Doom 3 will be out before 2003 or 2004. By that time I'll have a job and savings and will be able to make a computer with the minimum system requirements for not too much money.

i am pretty sure i have minimum requirements but i will wait for the price to drop. i dont buy video games new since i bought nfl 2k1 for $50 and then soon after it went down to 20

I'll buy the game first day even if I can't run it. Hell, right now I have to wait to upgrade in order to play RtCW. I got half way through the second level and I was blown down by a wave of lag that haunted me even with my visual options at the minimum.

choice 2, just got to beef up the computer a little more. the geforce 3 will do it. then it's just the wait.

choice 2, just got to beef up the computer a little more. the geforce 3 will do it. then it's just the wait.

I suggest that you buy something more powerful than the gf3 when the time comes.

HI! I'M ZALDRON, DOOMWORLD PERFECTIONIST!.......
2 votes (25%)

Heh.

Anyways, I'll definately be getting it the day it's released, regardless of the system I'm stuck with at the time. It's practically a requirement if I'm gonna keep Team Insanity hosted anywhere. (Hopefully I'll have finished Millennium and got TI going again by the time Doom3 is released :P).

I suggest that you buy something more powerful than the gf3 when the time comes.

what would you recommend?

what would you recommend?

I'd recommend that you wait and see what comes after the gf3. I don't know yet what card I'll get, but I DO know that there'll be a lot of newer and better cards available when "Doom 3" is released.

It's Doom and we're all DW members. It's gotta be bought, hasn't it, regardless of how good it is? Otherwise we'll have nothing to talk about except who's the biggest idiot on the forums today and I'll scream.

btw, 'morbidtwatt', best username EVER

I'm planning on getting a new pc before the release, although how I'll get the money for it is beyond me.

Ok so who's my copycat?

if you mean who uses your phrases I sometimes do.

Remember BURN IT. BURN IT ALL

Heh, I loved that, I re-use the good ones, like forum-phrase recycling.

It's like Stupididty cannot be Concealed. It's no longer DoomBoy's title, it's a whole way of life, godammit.

In all serious Zaldron, you are one of the funniest bastards here, and as you're a mod it's a damn good job you are too.

Now I'd like to know the reason behind that specific option.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

OK, OK, I'll admit, you're not a perfectionist Zaldron, you just know more than we retards :)

No I mean who voted for the "I'm Zaldron" option :)

Speaking of which, I *still* haven't received an explanation of what that option is DOING in this poll.
Well?

Where's the "I will warez it" option?

Well, when it comes to DOOM 3, there's a good chance I'd actually buy it.

I'm preordering DOOM. That means an extra 60% to the price, but I cannot stand the idea of not having the box right away, or worse, get it in spanish.

I'm preordering DOOM. That means an extra 60% to the price, but I cannot stand the idea of not having the box right away, or worse, get it in spanish.

Ack, it must suck to get a game in a non-English language. Getting a game manual translated into your own native language is bad enough!

You have no idea.

There are 2 main derivations of spanish, castillian and true spanish. We can't stand eachoter. And games are always translated to true spanish. :\

I once tried playing a German version of Command & Conquer (the first one). Damn, it was hilarious to hear your troops say things like "Jawohl!" and "verstehe dich!" instead of "Yes Sir!" and "affirmative", lol.
It was a good German lesson to me, though (the briefings in particular).

If I were spanish I wouldn't be complaining about the horrible voice translations...

I would definitely complain if I got a translated copy of a game - even if I were Spanish, bying a copy translated to Spanish! A translation is almost always less enjoyable than the source language text/voice overs.
When reading books, I usually prefer the originals - much better experience.

The russians sometimes make not bad translations of games. Recently I was tempted to purchase Heroes 3 + both expansions + all the Heroes Chronicles games in russian, and with great discount. Problem is: I don't play Heroes, and my little sister who does, barely reads russian. So I didn't.

However the best russian game, the one that nothing can compare to: DOOM 2D!