Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wuldaf

A new pop-up?

FREE Web Cams! is a bitch to close. i have to keep task manager open every time i click on a post. What can i do?

Worse comes to worse, go here. Find a program there called Pow! and download it.

When that pop up shows up, click on the Pow! icon in your SysTray. Click Add/Delete Popup. The top menu is barred titles, the bottom window is active titles.

Find the window you want to ban in the bottom window and double click it to add it to the top. When satisfied, close that window.

While Pow! is running, anytime a window comes up with that title it's automatically closed, often before you even get a chance to see it. Works great with popunders too.

"Powi.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Ok, WHAT did I do wrong?

"Powi.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Ok, WHAT did I do wrong?

Try downloading it again and reinstalling. It may be corrupted.

OK, it worked when I disabled Download Accelerator, thanx.

Awww shit. I was in the middle of designing software which would close those freaky david copperfield webcam shit. Damnit. Well, that program is cool. It works and everything.

who is responsible for this damn pop-up? THERE IS NO POINT IN HAVING THIS ADVERT FOR CAMERAS HERE! No DW member needs one, we never leave the house, for chrissake.

Worse comes to worse, go here. Find a program there called Pow! and download it.

POW! has slammed 5 popup windows to date!

YAY! I love this program!

120 of 'em here. =] Since I made that big ol' list of Restricted Sites in IE Pow! gets much less work than it used to.

Still, it'd be nice if IE 6.5 came with the option to just disable websites spawning their own new windows outright. It's beyond fucking time for that.

Since I made that big ol' list of Restricted Sites in IE Pow! gets much less work than it used to.

Still, it'd be nice if IE 6.5 came with the option to just disable websites spawning their own new windows outright. It's beyond fucking time for that.

I don't suppose you'd consider sharing that list with us in copy/paste style would you? I've never enough time to catalogue where all the shit come from.

Pow's .dat file is 4k on my system. I'm not sure if it'd be readily copied and pasted through ascii (there might be something in there Notepad is screwing up) so hey.

I'll try to be back on in ELEVEN HOURS (That will be approximately midnight on New York time). I'll email it ONCE. If you want it, let me know. Don't make me hunt for your email address either. I use Yahoo Mail so make it simple to copy and paste.

All right.

whoa, when was that, where's New York, my head's spinning.

deady, I don't give out my email address in public, so I'll email you and then, if you can be bothered, send me the list, cheers. If it doesn't work, fuck it.

I tried all the popup programs CNet had to offer. Pow! is good, PopUpStopper 2.6 is exactly that, PUS.

I'm sticking with PopUpKiller v1.45
It looks good, and has an aggression slider bar select, which I like, even though I don't know how useful it is. It works quite well, too. That bloody webcam popup is history... :)

That bloody webcam popup is history... :)

Lucky. My Dad's box uses Linux. Good OS, but I don't know how to use it.