Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ariander

Converting Mus files to Midi

On a Windows XP system, and not with DOS or only playback, I want to actually convert the song please.

You can use all the original DOS tools without DOSbox. You just have to run mus2midi with the right command line, which can be achieved with a batch file, with the command prompt, with a modified shortcut or with the "Run" dialog box. The correct command line is "mus2midi originalname.mus desiredname.mid" with the quotes removed and file names replaced, obviously.

If you're a virgin to the command line, the easiest way to use it would be to make a shortcut to mus2midi.exe, right click on the shortcut and click "properties" and type "originalname.mus desiredname.mid", again with quotes removed and filenames replaced, after the executable path written in the "target" box. Then run the shortcut and you have your midi.

Run it without DOSbox. It's not like you need mus2midi to be able to interact with your speakers.

Or with mmus2mid, just drag and drop the mus files onto the exe. Works for me.

stewboy said:

Or with mmus2mid, just drag and drop the mus files onto the exe. Works for me.

Good one Stewboy. Quicker and easier than using a batch file ! :)

Creaphis said:

Run it without DOSbox. It's not like you need mus2midi to be able to interact with your speakers.

I need to convert the file, not listen to it. And so I have done.