Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArmouredBlood

Shai'tan's Luck - Uploaded to /incoming

Ignore everything I mentioned about the framerate problems, I was using a test build of (2.5.0.6) and just experimented with the official release. A grand improvement and nothing like beginning a level from a pistol start! Excellent work Christopher, the WAD began to please me greatly from MAP26 onwards, I particularly liked the choice of music for MAP27 creating an ominious and mystery feel from scavenging through the depths of "Area42" burning with anticipation and anxiety at what may lurk around the next corner.

The title screen and 27 use music from "Legend of the Mystical Ninja' for the SNES right? ;)

Heh, thanks. The title is actually 'sitar' by jimmy91 on these boards, idk if that influenced him I just snagged the music. 27 is something from golden sun, aqua rock I think. And call me chris if you do you use my real name again, idk why I used my full name, so unwieldly >.<

Also I somehow missed phml's post after posting, would've put an 'i agree' P.S. if I had ;)

Nice mapset. :)

There is a bug in map 30 though. If the player gets the secret at sector 1062, the player is trapped, not being able to fully cross the teleport lines.

Well...I enjoyed all of this - pretty routine base stuff at the start but with a little more kick, the canyon maps were interesting and the last base map did well (blue exit easier? nah, red exit with invuln from the nearby secret).

The last 3 maps...well, what can I say. The fort map was great (pop your head up and get a million fireballs heading your way).

The city map managed to bring even the mighty GZDoom to it's knees (if enough shots are flying towards you when trying to break into the city, it crashes with an allocation error upon saving). Naturally this probably wouldn't happen without -fast (I also had dynamic lights loaded, dunno if that would affect it). One bad thing was the abundance of invuln powerups in the cathedral section...only a few were needed tbh (and Titan 2's legendary map 07 only had 2)

And the final map with it's "oh shit" moment as you hear Romero's voice while clearing away the opening few groups...you'd be forgiven for thinking it's impossible (esp on -fast) but nope, once you realise where the spawn spots are it's not so bad. Having said that ofc, you do have to watch for aerial mobs all the time (which are especially dangerous on -fast) and the whole map was insane throughout but I managed it, with over 5000 mobs on the counter at the end :P

hawkwind said:

There is a bug in map 30 though. If the player gets the secret at sector 1062, the player is trapped, not being able to fully cross the teleport lines.

Yeah...I noticed a secret teleporter not working somewhere in that map. I wasn't trapped though, it was a lowered sector from near the start of one of the side areas.

hawkwind said:

Nice mapset. :)

Darn. Easy fix though. I guess I will look at these maps again >.< And I was just starting another map too ...

EDIT: arghh missed another post. Thanks for playing T ult. doomer, yea I could've used less invulns on 29, part of what I said about making my comfort zone HMP. I seemed to have forgotten tagging that teleport properly, oops >.< I was debating removing a cyb on the red key route of 27, but eh. Apologies for rather random edit, I can't see what others posted when editing -.-