Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Doom Advent Calendar 2009

Following the success of DAC2005 (and a failed attempt in 2006 :( ), it is time to start up DAC 2009 up.

The point of this projet is to have a fun map for each day of December (until 24th december).
Check the original site for 2005 here
The idgames folder is located here.

You can make whatever you want really, with any texture wad. However I have several guide lines for the project.

* For doom2 (as I want to compile these into one big wad afterwards, different from 2005 as it had a few ultimate doom wads as well).
* Boom / limited removing (so no zdoom, eternity, legacy, etc... maps here, just standard boom doom2 maps).
* Feel free to include new music with your wad (just include it in the wad)
* You can make more than one map if you feel like it.
* Single-player Map

If you have any projects you want to include in DAC2009 as well, feel free to contract me. You are free to release on your own after December.

I need to have the wad(s) at 1 November 2009. This deadline will not get moved, if I don't have the map(s) by then it will not get included.

I know it is early, but projects take time. I am not sure if I started this up too late, I might have. But let us see.

Remember to include a text file with your finished map. When you are done, please send me a link or email me the finished map at tornthedark(at)gmail.com (remember to say it in this thread, if you do).

Mappers list:

Torn (I have already one finished map, I will probably make one or several more)
Exl
Butts
John Smith (Hobbs)
Arrrgh

Krispavera
InsanityBringer @
JohnnyRancid (40oz)(Finished)
ArmouredBlood
Patrick

The Green Herring
TheMionicDonut
tatsurd-cacocaco @
Shtbag667
BlackFish

Phobus
Bloodskull
Jimmy91 (Finished)
walter confalonieri (Finished)

Finished maps: 3 (4).

(note: feel free to post screenshots of your WIP)

I want to play! I took a look at some of the screenshots for 2005 and I think I might have the chops. Hope I don't eat those words..

Great concept! Wow. :D

I'll think about contributing to this. I've got so much going on right now (music- and maps-wise) that I really ought to clear my plate of a few projects before getting involved in any more. :|

Don't sign me up just yet, but I'll definitely consider it. :P

I still have my partially completed map from the canceled DAC 2006...gods dammit, another project!!

Use3D said:

I still have my partially completed map from the canceled DAC 2006...gods dammit, another project!!

Yeah, I am sorry for that.

And I guess I'm in too. I got some decent ideas for a map.

Edit: And you don't need to copy arrrgh's registered date and post count into the list ;P

November 1 2009?? I can get a map done by next week.

Do we get a texture pack with this or are we using traditional Doom 2 textures? I feel like I've used every single doom 2 texture in a map at least once.

arrrgh said:

I'll have a go! Should we include christmas carol MIDIs with our maps? :P

Torn said:
* Feel free to include new music with your wad (just include it in the wad)

[quote]Torn said:
[B]

JohnnyRancid said:

November 1 2009?? I can get a map done by next week.

Do we get a texture pack with this or are we using traditional Doom 2 textures? I feel like I've used every single doom 2 texture in a map at least once.

Torn said:
You can make whatever you want really, with any texture wad. However I have several guide lines for the project.

doom2day said:

Does it have to be playable in single player?
ie. a deathmatch wad

Yes, it has, thanks btw. I added something about that to the first post. I thought people assumed it was for single-player.

Intruiging, I'll probably take an earlier slot

Will all maps be added or will some be cut if they aren't good enough? If all maps will be added then I'll make one.

TimeOfDeath said:

Will all maps be added or will some be cut if they aren't good enough? If all maps will be added then I'll make one.

It depends really.

Quick WIP screen, still got quite a bit to do. You won't be spending too much time indoors in this map either.

Interesting, I'm getting ideas of making Christmas textures plus high-tempo deathmetal or slow, evil versions of Christmas songs. I'll make a map. Will there be a texture resource wad for this project or would mappers just include textures in their wads like with music? Will the sky textures be something white and Christmas-y?

Shtbag667 said:

Interesting, I'm getting ideas of making Christmas textures plus high-tempo deathmetal or slow, evil versions of Christmas songs. I'll make a map. Will there be a texture resource wad for this project or would mappers just include textures in their wads like with music? Will the sky textures be something white and Christmas-y?

Feel free to do whatever you want really. You can include christmas sky textures if you want.

So I was thinking of submitting my bunker hill/Area 42 map for this but I don't think it'd fit :P I'll try and work on a map for it while people are demoing Area42 (and probably not making it to the exit :P).