Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exp(x)

Tron Legacy

Holy fuck. That is nice.

I can't fathom how awesome watching that on imax 3d would be.

Er, OK. So we get the trailer that they showed LAST year.
I guess the Quicktime movie encoder is a bit slow...

Yay! Tron is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. The fact that they got Jeff Bridges back to do it is even better.

Technician said:

Pixar Studio will do all the graphics and the OST will be written and recorded by Daft Punk

Daft Punk? Are you fucking serious?

That makes me insanely happy.

Bucket said:

Er, OK. So we get the trailer that they showed LAST year.
I guess the Quicktime movie encoder is a bit slow...

They just finished filming the movie, so they haven't had time to put anything together yet. The stuff from last year's teaser most likely won't end up in the movie.

AWESOME.

(That's all I can say, really. And I realize this is the same one that came out like a year ago, but this time I can actually see and hear it...)

Ok I have just watched the trailer, had no idea this was even being worked on til just now.

I was shaking in my seat, this is so awesome.

Upon hearing about its production from the first trailer, I was skeptical that they were going to dumb down the computer-technical aspects of Tron for the mass audience and Disney kids.
I'm still pretty sure that will happen, but from this new trailer, I would go see it just to see the amazing computer world/atmosphere that made the first one great.

Looks more like a cutscene from a game. I'm going to remain skeptical until i see it because most of these nostalgic movies are shit.

Although I admit this will probably be amazing on an IMAX.

Danarchy said:

Daft Punk? Are you fucking serious?

That makes me insanely happy.

Actually, I threw up in my mouth a little.

Technician said:

Pixar Studio will do all the graphics and the OST will be written and recorded by Daft Punk

Not Wendy Carlos? Fuck that. Otherwise the trailer looks pretty cool.

Well, the music in the trailer was fine at least. As long as it doesn't devolve into UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS

Technician said:

I was disappointed about that too. That woman could easily score this film. The music for this piece hasn't really dated along with the visuals.

Yeah, she would be a better pick. But seriously, when's the last time she ever did anything?

Nomad said:

Well, the music in the trailer was fine at least. As long as it doesn't devolve into UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS UHNS ...

Daft Punk does some pretty good music that isn't just loops. Actually, pretty much everything after their first album...

Trying to revive another old classic by spawning an unneccessary sequel? They must really be desperate for more cash via less effort.

And I bet the world looks just like the average CG film does, they'll never get it to look and feel like that early 80's cyberscape.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

And I bet the world looks just like the average CG film does, they'll never get it to look and feel like that early 80's cyberscape.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Monolith was able to recapture a lot of the style and visuals from the original film for Tron 2.0, and they are just a games company. It shouldn't be hard for Disney to do the same.

If you have the time, you should try finding Tron 2.0 if you haven't already. It's a great game.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

1) Don't use textures
2) Grids everywhere
3) No discernable light source

It's easy!

Bucket said:

1) Don't use textures
2) Grids everywhere
3) No discernable light source

It's easy!

Well then, Wipeout HD may as well be the official Tron racing game by those rules. :D

Sex.

This film seems like the inverse of the Matrix, as far as I can discern.

Bucket said:

That game does look pretty sweet.

Now that you mentioned games, I can't wait for the ironic situation when the inevitable 'official' game based on the film's game (which itself is no longer a 'game', supposedly) comes out IRL. :P

Snarboo said:
If you have the time, you should try finding Tron 2.0 if you haven't already. It's a great game.

I regret not buying that when it first came out (although I have the demo somewhere). I haven't seen it since in real life...

AgentSpork said:

Well then, Wipeout HD may as well be the official Tron racing game by those rules. :D

AudioSurf is probably a better example.

Snarboo said:

That was a good game. I wonder if Jet is in the movie??