Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exp(x)

Tron Legacy

Could it be? A modern remake of a classic that actually does the original some justice?

I'll believe it when I see it.

It might even be enough of a reason for me to go to cinema again, after all it's already been a year since Watchmen.

Belial said:

Could it be? A modern remake of a classic that actually does the original some justice?

I'll believe it when I see it.

It might even be enough of a reason for me to go to cinema again, after all it's already been a year since Watchmen.

It's a direct sequel to the original Tron.

oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man

I can't fucking wait, that new trailer is fo awesome.

Yeah, I saw that when I watched Alice in Wonderland. Really, really, really fucking WANT! The original was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and I've grown to really like Jeff Bridges.

My only complaint about the new trailer is CGI young Jeff Bridge's mouth movement. It's a bit in the uncanny valley territory.

This looks like one of those very rare beasts: a remake/sequel that might be as good as the original.

Everything about this looks amazing. really.

This has just grabbed me from the moment I first heard about it.

Fucking awesome. Tron is one of my favorite movies ever, and this looks like it's going to be almost as good.

Technician said:

Anyone seen it? I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews.

Well most people hated the first one too, so maybe this is a good sign. but I'm not holding my breath.

/ Review -- no spoilers

Just got back after watching this in IMAX3D. Definitely worth the go just for the eye candy. Creators did a spectacular job getting every last bit of awesome out of their special effects efforts.

Film didn't seem too long especially considering that it is 127 minutes, and that time passed very quickly for me even though I had to pee -- I'm getting old I guess.

This does justice to the original TRON film, taking a classic and turning it blockbuster. I personally miss the odd processor architecture and design throw-in like that silly "yes/no" bit from the original. With today's technology what it is with the "if the light glows green it's working" common knowledge base, this film produces a fairly reasonable picture of the microcosm that could be hiding beneath our keyboards.

Plot doesn't hold on to what the original movie did. They seemed to be setting the same stage in the beginning of the film with the evil software corporation, but then they blasted off on some tangent with an opening to a sequel that I personally fear is going to turn into another Matrix trilogy. "Noooooo!!!...."

Jeff Bridges seemed ... well ... yeah, he was the same Dude from Big Lebowski and he carried forward his hippie swagger from that aweful Men Who Stare at Goats into this film, but it only produced a bit of 60's nostalgia and comedic relief which complemented the action a bit.

Do watch ... and watch on the biggest, awesomest screen you can find. Very worth it.

<END OF LINE>

Toughguy said:

This does justice to the original TRON film, while taking what was essentially a B movie and turning it blockbuster.

Tron was a big blockbuster at the time with a budget of $17,000,000.

Technician said:

Tron was a big blockbuster at the time with a budget of $17,000,000.

I was there, man! It was so essentially a B movie! :p (I was actually two years old at the time, but the wiki article shows...)

Tron was released on July 9, 1982, in 1,091 theaters grossing USD $4.8 million on its opening weekend.
It went on to make $33 million in North America, moderately successful considering its $17 million budget.
So I take back what I say about it being essentially a B movie. It did have a major production budget behind it. Fix'd for clarity. Cheers.

Glad to hear it's actually decent from what Toughguy said. I heard some samples from the soundtrack and was slightly disappointed in that department. Sounded more generic than I expected it to. But if the movie is good, that'll more than make up for it.

Saw the original a few days before seeing this. They were alright. Not exactly great - but the look and styling was cool.

I saw it today in IMAX 3D. The 3D effects were a lot more subtle than in Avatar, so you probably wouldn't miss much by seeing it on a regular screen. I'm still not sure how I feel about the movie. I need to see it again. The action scenes were great, though.

I plan to see it today in IMAX 3D. I live in Orlando, Florida. There's a huge IMAX screen near the Disney area, but it's kind of a drive. So I'm going to have to go see it on a smaller IMAX screen about fifteen minutes away. Still, the screen is a lot bigger than normal theaters. Does the movie make a lot of use of the Daft Punk songs?

Pff, jeff bridges? That guy's general demeanor comes off like he has a big parasitic maggot living in the center of his brain interfering with his thoughts. I bet he has a brain tumor, or he let Xenu install some sort of telepathic implant. These actors who have grown up like royalty with magic money trees havn't exactly developed healthy brains since they've never had to solve their own problems. They take being a 'star' for granted, "hey, there's no gourmet coffee and pink sprinkled caviar donuts on this movie set like I, Tom Hanks, dictated! You may not use my beautiful face in your movie now, unless you bump my pay up ONE BEELION DOLLARS, chump change to me really." and are brainwashed into thinking super explosion hollywood alien drama is real life so are suckered into scientology, funneling over their undeserved cash to buy thetan level 19 books. I mean, these assholes are compared to energy giving life providing 'stars'. Um, no. They should call you people walrus shits, after they ate a lot of clams, not stars, I'm looking at you tom hanks. It would be awesome if a meteor hit the academy awards. I bet tom hanks fanboys would become so depressed that their nourishing warm star was gone that they'd commit suicide like Egyptian slaves buried with their king. I do not condone terrorism such as: j-walkling, farting near obama, and natural catastrophes like meteors, and understand that terrorism has a penalty of 5 TSA body scans, triple auto insurance fees and being a cell mate with bubba.
So anyway, yeah tron looks kinda cool. I might go see it.

I enjoyed this actually. Don't bother seeing it in 3D; you won't notice a damn difference except in maybe two or three places. The visuals were really cool and fun to look at, and coupled with the soundtrack make it a pretty neat experience. The plot was decent, not bad but not too great either, and the dialogue was kind of hokey at times, but it generally didn't detract from my enjoying the film. I may see it again, though not in 3D.

MINOR SPOILERS

Just saw it. The action scenes(games) were amazing. The Daft Music went hand in hand with the look of the movie. Just wish there was much much much more games, I mean, just ONE light cycle race? Come on!

Plot: Ok

Graphics: Bland. Gray, blue, orange, black and white. All other color absent.

Music: Boring. No real compositions, just beats, loops and tiny melodies fighting the mediocrity..so yeah, pretty much Daft Punk.

Overall, 6/10. Totally average film.