Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Memorable Game Characters

DuckReconMajor said:

Then why isn't the Narrator on your list?

Because he insisted that Peter Davidson was a shit Dr Who.

leileilol said:

There's also a hung Duke Nukem in Serious Sam 2.

Objects are hung. People are hanged, unless they have a very large erection. Although if any character in a video game is likely to be hung like a horse, it's Duke Nukem.

How about Lieutenant Commander Cordova from FreeSpace 2? I'm not sure if that accent is supposed to be British or French or French Canadian or what, but it's hilarious. Sometimes he even sounds like Dr. Zoidberg.

rf` said:

Jazz Jackrabbit.

Mario saved the princess, but only Jazz Jackrabbit saved the princess to get laid.

Maniac Mansions - The Edisons - Dr.Fred, Nurse Edna, Weird Ed and Dead Cousin Ted + Green Tentacle and Purple Tentacle and The Murderous Purple Slimey Meteor.

man i could swear i saw "Mario" come up on the screen even though it only said "Donkey Kong" on the outside of the arcade unit...i don't know...smoke another one.
The aliens in AlienTC! That was badass stuff when it came out.
The Beholder in the D&D Monster Manual. Cacodemon and Pain Elemental always reminded me of that creature.
Now I must go peepee.

mario
link
zelda
samus
metroid hatchling - super metroid
cloud :P (come on, a schizophrenic main character whose mind you have to run around inside in order to help recover his true memories...beats the hell out of all the whiny bitch-boys from newer FFs)
cecil - final fantasy IV
nei - phantasy star 2
wren - phantasy star 3
myau - phantasy star 1 (and 4...shhh)
domingo - shining force
guntz - shining force
GLaDOS - portal
doomguy
atlus - bioshock
solid snake
max payne

The Lag said:

myau - phantasy star 1 (and 4...shhh)

Was that that giant cat the cave later in the game?

My favorite game genres are RPGs and fighting games, so most of mine are from said genres...

Elhaym Van Houten and Citan Uzuki (Xenogears, my favorite RPG)
Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockheart, and Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy 7, my second favorite RPG)
Rika (Phantasy Star 4, my third favorite RPG)
The entire casts of Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Lunar The Silver Star (NOT Silver Star Story... that game was fucking LAME and the characters ALL sucked)
White Lion (Ghost Lion)
Kefka (Final Fantasy 3/6)
Chaos (Final Fantasy)
Ryanna, Vyper, and Grimm (Mysterious Song)
Zasalamel, Tira, and Night Terror (Soul Calibur III)
Cassandra (Soul Calibur II)
Scorpion and Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat series)
Ken and Balrog/Vega (Street Fighter II)
Vincent (Knuckle Heads)
Ray and Clown (Fighter's History)
Sauron (Primal Rage)
Spinal (Killer Instinct)
The entire cast of Rival Schools
Buster and Cadar (Vasteel)
Jill (Jill of The Jungle)
Jazeta and Dirth (Neutopia)
Shadow Link (The Legend Of Zelda II)
Jardine The Mad (Jewel Master)
Sonic (don't even have to say it)

Wesker from Resident Evil
Mr. Blonde from Perfect Dark
Wizpig from Diddy Kong Racing
Metaknight from Kirby
The Ganondorf from Windwaker

-Peppy from Starfox 64/Lylat Wars ("Do a barrel roll! Use the boost to get through! Try a somersalt! Use bombs wisely! Use the brake!")

-Ridley from Super Metroid (Music just made his fights.)

-The Announcer from Ridge Racer ("HEYYYY! SOMEBODY'S RIGHT ON YOUR TAAAAAAIIIIL!")

-The Advisors from Civilization II

-Glass Joe from Punch-Out

I'll think of more whenever I can.

Billy Blaze
Yorp

Funny, I recognize a lot of these names from Nintendo games, but I don't know who they are or anything about them. My friend and I play his Nintnendo Monopoly set all the time. All I know is Mario and Samus Aran are really great properties! (okay, I know who Mario is....)

Hey, I was gonna say yorp! But I played the Goodbye Galaxy shareware game the most, so of course, the main guy that pops to mind is good old Dopefish.

And here is Dopefission, an old animation from 2003 I just discovered and that I love. Gotta eat your vegetables (and everything else...)

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/130073

Thinking about this, I remember a lot of game characters, so arguably that makes a lot of them memorable in some way. I think the entire cast of Doom(2) would count as they are all quite colourful and unique, but as I've spent many, many years making maps for it, I'd expect to know them all anyway.

I've played quite a few games over the years, and a lot of the named ones spring to mind if a game is mentioned, or if I think about game characters (like now) the list seems to just keep on going, especially when I get to TimeSplitters Future Perfect, where a lot of the characters actually were characterised a bit on the select screen. Even if they say nothing, do nothing and aren't even remotely involved in any form of plot, the fact that I've seen them means I think of them when I think of the game. Donkey Kong Country and its sequels are definitely good examples of remember the whole cast when you think of the game, due to good design and standout visuals.

CJ, Mike Toreno, Frank Tenpenny and Catalina from GTA San Andreas
Green from Gunstar Heroes (Seven Force remains one of the most memorable bosses ever)
Lester Chaykin from Another World
Conrad Hart from Flashback
Andross from Star Fox (the SNES original ;) )
Pretty much all the main characters from FFVII
Earthworm Jim and Prof. Monkeyforahead
Doomguy (obviously)
The Cyberdemon (more obviously)
Dr. Malcolm Bertruger (who always struck me as a strange hybrid of Hannibal Lecter and Dr. Evil...)
GLaDOS from Portal
SHODAN from System Shock
Julius, Troy and Lin from Saints' Row
Maero, The General and Kazuo Akuji from Saints' Row 2 (Maero is voiced by Michael Dorn FFS)
Dr. Boskonovich from Tekken 3 (best character ever)
Error from Zelda 2
Vectorman (now, come on, that game was ACE)
Sgt. Cross from NFS: Most Wanted

I just finally saw Aliens, and wow, I was surprised by the Halo similarities. But the Sarge in Aliens definitely doesn't last as long as Johnson.
I always remember that australian npc from Halo.

For whatever reason, I've always liked Luigi more than Mario.
Anything voiced by Keith David
Dante - Devil May Cry (though, really, only the first one)
Jolee Bindo and HK-47
Bill from Star Fox 64 = Total pothead
Kat from Star Fox 64 = Kinda slutty
Solid Snake because he's Snake Plissken, really
Arch-viles... dear God, arch-viles
Miles Prower (Tails)... say what you will, the dude can fly
Vivi
Rayden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion... fuck it. The MK Trilogy roster
Ganondorf
Kefka

Snakes said:

For whatever reason, I've always liked Luigi more than Mario.

Because everyone else likes Luigi more? Seriously, more people like Luigi just because they want to be different to where if you really want to be different you'd like Mario.

Snakes said:

Anything voiced by Keith David

scalliano said:

Julius from Saints' Row

Check ;)

DuckReconMajor said:

Because everyone else likes Luigi more? Seriously, more people like Luigi just because they want to be different to where if you really want to be different you'd like Mario.

In my case, it's mainly because of Super Mario 2. He can jump higher than anyone else, and about as far as the princess. In some levels, you can skip entire sections, and (it's been so long since I tried this) it might even be possible to go through a magic carpet level without using the carpet.

DuckReconMajor said:

I've been this way since I was 5 and Luigi was just a recolor... It's a product of my sisters always being first player and me being second. Also, green is waaaaay cooler than red!

Ichor said:

In my case, it's mainly because of Super Mario 2. He can jump higher than anyone else, and about as far as the princess. In some levels, you can skip entire section, and (it's been so long since I tried this) it might even be possible to go through a magic carpet level without using the carpet.

When I was playing the game as an arrogant 5 year old I'd pick Luigi just because he could jump higher but when I got sick of not being able to control him I found Mario and Toad to be breaths of fresh air.

Caleb, from Blood, has always been my favorite game character.

[edit]O, lol, old thread that I already posted the same thing in. My tastes don't change much in a year, apparently.