Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Another thought provoking post...

Why did the boys at Id leave the computer screens in Doom with "Tei Tenga" still on them? I know this was a suggestion in the Doom Bible, but most of those ideas got scrapped, including having the first episode on Phobus, not Tei Tenga. Has this already been posted?

I don't think they were lazy. I think that was purposefully left in for players to catch. The point was to see if you could notice it while battling the monsters. It took me having to crack open the main IWAD in WinTex for me to discover this, though.

[edit]Then again, as thehighestree once said:

id = lazy shits

[/edit]

I see the post quality hasn't improved, he he! ;)

I always thought that Tei Tenga was a ship on the computers scanners or something. Who cares, looks good, leave it be...

What is with these damn pop-ups? NO I DON'T WANT A FUCKING SONY CAMCORDER, PISS OFF!

Why did the boys at Id leave the computer screens in Doom with "Tei Tenga" still on them?

They were left in because the original setting for Doom was on a moon (or planet, can't remember which) called Tei Tenga.

I know this was a suggestion in the Doom Bible, but most of those ideas got scrapped, including having the first episode on Phobos, not Tei Tenga. Has this already been posted?

Yep, a thousand time before.

BTW, good to see you back, pritch. Where've you been?

in the carribbean, chillin' with the still. I cruised there on a luxury liner called Oriana. Southampton-Madeira-Barbados-Grenada-St.Lucia-Antigua-St.Kitts-Vigo-back to the UK and good old handful-above-zero temperatures. The bloody car wouldn't start when I got back earlier today.

Don't worry, I'm staying here (DW) from now on. It might be lairy, but it's a lot less rough than the Atlantic ocean. Yes, DW for my holidays! We ought to have brochures for non-members...

"Come and witness the cyberland where sarcasm is being taken to new levels. Hotelier Lut and head chef Zaldron will tend to your every need whilst security chief bbg deals with any troublemakers!" Only USD 49.99 a night!

(Children each receive a free guide to bad language used on the site and membership to the youth club "Grounded", run by our Youth officer Archvile 64)

hehehe, it's good to be home.

Hmm, I had noticed the screens with Tei Tenga written on them, but never in the original Doom. Only in level replacement WADs. I thought it was a graphic that whoever made the WAD had put together.

Hmm, I had noticed the screens with Tei Tenga written on them, but never in the original Doom. Only in level replacement WADs. I thought it was a graphic that whoever made the WAD had put together.

COMPSTA1, the texture with the blue UAC logo.

COMPSTA1, the texture with the blue UAC logo.

I believe it, I just never noticed it in the original Doom before. Go figure.

AV, what are you doing here? Go back to the Youth Club at once, or Lut will sack you!
I'm really getting into my analogy now, hehe

AV, what are you doing here? Go back to the Youth Club at once, or Lut will sack you!

You do know it's illegal to smuggle blunts from the Carribean into the U.S., right?

You do know it's illegal to smuggle blunts from the Carribean into the U.S., right?

I thought pritch lived in jolly ol' England?

I would love to smoke a cigar that's atleast $50. The cheap shit isn't worth smoking in my opinion. Same goes for weed, midgrade just doesn't do it for me anymore.

not only that, it's just that the high I get from it is more energetic than midgrade would give me. And I don't like to be just sitting there stairing at something, I need to talk and do something, it's funner that way.

I thought pritch lived in jolly ol' England?

You damn right, sir!

But jolly is hardly the word. The sky is grey and it could take the testicles off a brass monkey outside. It's about as jolly as post-Christmas constipation, I'm afraid.

Where did the smuggling blunts thing come from? I had my fill but I didn't bring any back. I mean, when you're on a British ship if you're caught you are seriously fucked so I didn't risk it. I couldn't have shit on baord for eight days and not smoke it, too much of a temptation so I just didn't bother. I'm not fussed cos I don't need any for ages back here cos nothing's happening and I'm a social smoker. The January blues are here. Why smoke alone to get rid of them? Waste of time and money.

My friends will be back when uni starts on the 25th, then the Dope season starts, wahay!

Where did the smuggling blunts thing come from?

Because this:

Made no sense.

It would have done if you'd have read my ananlogy of DW being a holdiay destination, namely a hotel, with Lut as Hotelier, Zaldron as Head Chef (cooking up tasty textures) and you being in charge of the Youth Club 'Grounded', cos according to Lut you're always being grounded which is why you can't log on sometimes.

It's really not the dope talking, honest ;)

AV64, I thought you were grounded after the Holidays? Get off the computer and back in your room NOW!!

AV64, I thought you were grounded after the Holidays? Get off the computer and back in your room NOW!!

Doomboy, you forgot the mandatory quote!!1

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

It would have done if you'd have read my ananlogy of DW being a holdiay destination, namely a hotel, with Lut as Hotelier, Zaldron as Head Chef (cooking up tasty textures) and you being in charge of the Youth Club 'Grounded', cos according to Lut you're always being grounded which is why you can't log on sometimes.

It's really not the dope talking, honest ;)

Lüt is on fucking crack, then. The only time I couldn't log in was when I was banned. I was grounded in December, that's it.

I don't give a fuck that Zaldron already did it.

Stupidity cannot be concealed.