Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cesarb

How to play doom on multiplayer mode?

Hey, there is anyway to play DOOM95 in the multiplayer mode whithout any other programs?

Why not use a sourceport instead. Deathmatch sourceports like Zdaemon, Skulltag and Odamex work on LAN as well. If it is the classic feel, you could also use Chocolate Doom as well. (I am not sure how well it supports LAN games through).

I want to play DOOM95 in the cooperative mode with my friend, he is in germany, and i have these options:

DOS Doom over Modem
IPX Connection to DOS or Mac Doom
Null Modem Cable Connection

and I have a 3G modem, if there is anybody that can help me I'll be very happy.

Download either Skulltag or Zdaemon and set up a server, and add a password if you wish. Skulltag is located on Doomworlds Source Ports page. Both allow cooperative play.

cesarb said:

I want to play DOOM95 in the cooperative mode with my friend, he is in germany, and i have these options:

DOS Doom over Modem
IPX Connection to DOS or Mac Doom
Null Modem Cable Connection

and I have a 3G modem, if there is anybody that can help me I'll be very happy.

Download Chocolate Doom. Then download Hamachi. Setup Hamachi, then start a server. Have your friend join the Hamachi server. Open chocolate-setup.exe and select "Start Network Game". Then setup the server settings, and press F10. Then have your friend open chocolate-setup.exe and select "Join Network Server". Then have him enter your IP you see at the top of your hamachi window, followed by a colon, and the udp port you chose when you started the server. So: *.*.*.*:port. He should be able to connect, and he will appear in the window, then you just press space to start the game. You may be able to do this with Doom95, though I've never tried. Chocolate Doom is fairly good with multiplayer, I've played it several times.