Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

ZDoom weird texture glitch.

What it should look like (DoomBuilder):

What it actually looks like (ZDoom).

Any ideas as to what might be causing this, and hopefully how to fix it?

Thanks people.

I've seen something like this a long time ago and it was because either my flat wasn't 64X64 or wasn't a 256 color bitmap. Try to delete it from the wad and reload it using wintex - that converts to the correct format I think. Or use window's paint to save it as the 256 format and reload it.

What is the size of the textures? Flats can ONLY be in demonsions that are powers of 2. If it is try copying it and saving it into the flat format.

The flat is a Doom2 stock texture: MIDBARS3, which is 64x64. I am using ZDoom (Doom in Doom) format in DoomBuilder which obviously allows textures to be used as flats, which is all I did here. I know that things can get a bit quirky with odd sized textures, but that shouldn't be the case here, I would have thought.

InsanityBringer said:

If it is try copying it and saving it into the flat format.

I'm such a noob when it comes to Doom's technical aspects. I don't even know how to do this. It's probably really simple, I imagine.

Thanks for the replies, btw.

I would like to bet that it has something to do with the transparancy, and possibly not being a normal size for a flat. What happens if you change that texture in that sector for a normal flat or a texture without any transparancy?

PhilibusMo said:

I would like to bet that it has something to do with the transparancy, and possibly not being a normal size for a flat. What happens if you change that texture in that sector for a normal flat or a texture without any transparancy?

I just tried MIDBRONZ, which is (I guess) 64x128 and it actually tiled fine on the ceiling, so perhaps it is not the transparency. It was a good thought. I mean I wouldn't have thought of that.

InsanityBringer said:

Midbars3 is actually 64X72. That's probably your problem here.

Well that would explain a lot. Looks like we have a winner. Thanks heaps. :)