Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

How many people here still have the original Doom cases/andor CD's

I still have a copy of Ultimate Doom, boxed, sealed(And obviously never opened). Here's a picture of it, though it's taken with a horrible webcam.

I don't know about unopened, but I have all my original cases for games, shareware, etc. I know I have some floppies around here somewhere too...

I do too, but it's stored somewhere in my basement.. along with my framed Ultimate Doom poster. I should really dig that out.

Krispavera said:

along with my framed Ultimate Doom poster.

What were the dimension on those things? I always wanted to nab one :(

I'm fairly certain the poster came with Ultimate Doom, though I'm not going to open it to check.

eargosedown said:

What were the dimension on those things? I always wanted to nab one :(

I don't remember, all I know is that it was quite a large poster.

Super Jamie said:

Here's an old photo of my Doom shelf.

Whoa, that must have cost some money to get all those.

I have my Doom Shareware cd simi-lost somewhere and the original Doom II cd and Master Levels. I bought Doom II legitinnately from the local game retailer way back when, however it seems that version is declared pirated.

I didn't know about user mods and the like back then so I don't think updating ever crossed my mind. Quake and Duke3D and Half-Life and PSX and N64 pretty much put an end to my Dooming till I bought the Collector's Edition in 2001. I was actually surprised that the bars were missing in front of the first switch on MAP02 since I was used to 1.666.

I have PSX Doom and PSX Final Doom and Doom 64 and Doom on the SNES and Doom I & II on GBA but they were all bought after 2001.

For my own copies, I've only had the Collector's Edition and Master Levels CD, and I still have the disks and boxes (well, the later one is just a small case as seen in Jamie's photo...) for both.

I got Doom Collectors Edition, and Doom 2, both with their original CD cases.

I had many versions of Doom through out the years but since just zipped the wads. If I look hard enough I can probably find the cds.

Super Jamie you need to pick up the five novels. No Doom collection is without them.

I have the 4 novels with Flynn Taggart, they're still in boxes as I moved house recently and am lazy. I guess the 5th is the Doom 3 novel?

There's a little more stuff I've acquired since that photo too. Namely the boardgame, the red boxed Ultimate, and a few old editing books.

I keep my eye out on eBay for an original boxed Doom 1, but they're hard to find. Even crappy ripped dog-eared ones go for like 30 bucks. The last one in reasonable condition went for US$169!

And yeah, I can't be bothered adding the total cost up but it would probably be a few hundred.

Super Jamie said:

I keep my eye out on eBay for an original boxed Doom 1, but they're hard to find. Even crappy ripped dog-eared ones go for like 30 bucks. The last one in reasonable condition went for US$169!

I got that one I have for $20. And you're searching the wrong area. Use Half, ebay's site for electronics. http://www.half.ebay.com I also forgot to mention that I have the first two Doom books, and Endgame.

I've got that same Ult Doom box as in the OP, but it's opened. I've also got the mostly cardboard CD case Final Doom. My Doom 2 is actually the Mac version.

Only got the CDs from the Depths of Doom Trilogy set. Sadly we didn't keep the box. I can't remember if I still have the manual or not.

I still own my Doom Collectors Edition box set. It's 8 years old now and the CD is still in mint condition. I wondered how the hell its still mint! **

I did have some original e1 - e4 doom, but I know not it's location anymore.

I have the UDoom box still, and you know what it has on its box? Not a marine fighting barons and cyberdemons. Not a deathly text about TFC.

But a grinning red monster. Can't be sure whether it's a baron or an imp.

It's an Archvile. Specifically, a manipulated photo of the Arch dummy they had at id which they took photos of to model the sprite.

An archie with horns? That's something you don't see every day.
I have the same box with a set of floppies inside and - amongst my other stuff - a boxed copy of the Master Levels with poster.

I once had the German Doom II box, which I sold soon after.
I still have the boxed Final Doom and the id anthology, and a few shovelware CDs full of Doom stuff.

id Anthology, Doom Collectors Edition and D!Zone Gold are my doom purchases. I have the first of those as a complete package in the basement but otherwise just cds now

I still have the packaging and cd case for D!Zone 2, I was actually just playing around with some of the maps on there. I also have my original shareware Doom floppies.

DooMAD said:

Only got the CDs from the Depths of Doom Trilogy set. Sadly we didn't keep the box. I can't remember if I still have the manual or not.

Heh I still have the case from that collection, maybe I should save it. It is still in my parents' basement.