Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

How many people here still have the original Doom cases/andor CD's

You're right - it looks a bit like a household shrine to some pagan deity, needs some candles and an incense burner.

I have my Ultimate Doom CD still, and my sister has the poster somewhere in her room (it isn't on her wall anymore; I might coax her into letting me hang it on my closet door). I have the manual too but it's well worn and stapled together so it won't fall apart.
I never had Doom II growing up and was very suprised and excited to find out about it some time ago.

I have no idea what happened to the box it came in though, but I do have the collectors' edition I bought at Wal-mart.

Btw, that is an impressive Doom shelf, Super Jamie.

GreyGhost said:

You're right - it looks a bit like a household shrine to some pagan deity, needs some candles and an incense burner.

That's the idea: )

I got the novels out last night, I'll take an updated photo when I get home.

Man... I feel so bad that I've been playing doom for all these years and I don't have an official physical copy at all.. just the digital download from steam..

Stygian said:

I have my Ultimate Doom CD still, and my sister has the poster somewhere in her room (it isn't on her wall anymore; I might coax her into letting me hang it on my closet door). I have the manual too but it's well worn and stapled together so it won't fall apart.
I never had Doom II growing up and was very suprised and excited to find out about it some time ago.

I have no idea what happened to the box it came in though, but I do have the collectors' edition I bought at Wal-mart.

Btw, that is an impressive Doom shelf, Super Jamie.

Hang it on your closet door?
NO.

Hang it on your main door. This is Doom were talking about.

I only have the Collector's Edition box. I got it cheap, and the disc inside had half the pegs holding the disc broken off. The disc itself is pretty scratched, but these days I only use it to pull off the IWADS if the ones on the harddrive get ruined somehow.

Other than that, I have the PSX Final Doom, GBA Doom, Xbox Doom 3 and Doom 3 RoE, and the offical Doom 2 strategy guide.

I still have Doom 2 and the Collector's Edition on CD-ROM (although the case of the latter got cracked when I stepped on it once), and Ultimate Doom on 4 or 5 3.5" floppies (at least one of which is unreadable). I have all three boxes too, but that wasn't any conscious effort on keeping them (not at first, at least), I'm just lazy and never threw them away...

I never had Heretic, Hexen or Strife in their heyday, but I've since purchased used copies (so no boxes for them).

Factory wrapped:
Doom V1.666 shareware

All Boxes/like new:
PSX doom [Longbox]
jaguar doom
32X Doom
Collectors Edition [Longbox]

Missing case:
PSX Final Doom [came like that oddly]
GBA Doom [because the cases for GBA suck]
Doom 2 Master Levels [because life sucks]
SNES

I have the Collector's Edition in almost perfect condition, PSX Doom in relatively bad condition (damn little sisters......), and an unboxed copy of GBA Doom.

I'm currently looking for The Ultimate Doom poster, as my wall looks really empty at the moment, and I wouldn't want anything else to fill the gap. :D

Ok, here's the collection as it stands today.

Left to right, top to bottom:

Doom II for PC box and manual with floppies and two CDs, Doom for PSX with manual, A1 print of the signed Ultimate Doom poster, GBA Doom cartridge only, Ultimate Doom Collector's Edition, GBA Doom II cart only, Masters of Doom book, Final Doom for PSX with manual, Final Doom box and manual for PC.

Sybex Doom Strategy Guide (with weird v1.25 shareware floppies), Saturn Doom with manual, 3DO Doom in jewel case (unopened), Jaguar Doom with manual, PAL SNES Doom with manual, redbox Ultimate Doom for PC CD and manual, small white Master Levels case, PAL 32X Doom with manual, PAL Doom64 (with spare cartridge), D!Zone 2 jewel case, Hexen jewel case, Strife with manual jewel case (used to have the box and kicking myself I threw it out), Duke3D Atomic Edition jewel case, Prima Doom 2 Strategy Guide.

Doom 3 Limited Collector's Edition for XBox with metal case and manual, Doom 3 ROE for XBox with manual, Doom 3 boardgame, Doom novels 1-4 by Dafydd ab Hugh and Brad Linaweaver, Tricks Of The Doom Gurus book by Sams (with the blue imp on the cover), Doom Construction Kit book by Waite Group Press with CD, 3D Game Alchemy by Sams (with the green dragon thing on the cover).

I still have one editing book I want to get, and the Doom 3 novel, and of course a boxed+manual Doom 1 would be the crowning jewel of the collection. I'm always on the look for cheap shovelware but I really cbf spending like 20 bucks or more to get a bunch of shit 94 levels I can download for free anyway.

I have loads of versions of DooM/II on CD, the Id Anthology (my baby!) as well as the N64 and SNES carts. I've also got a couple of strategy guides and editing books...But the one thing I have always wanted and never managed to get is shareware DooM on floppies in the cardboard sleeve. Just can't ever get them here in Blighty and haven't found anyone in the US who's been willing to ship... :( One day, one day...

hmmm. im a newer starter to the doom community, its really hard to find stuff like this in the UK (where the majority of people hate games older than 2000), so i got:

a doom 64 cart. no box or instructions. got very cheap, but still works fine. i found this out of pure luck and bought for £1.

a copy of doom collectors edition. only bought it for the IWADS, but keeping it to backup the IWADS. bought in very good condition though.
£15 on ebay, but it was worth every penny and then some!

thats it.

GreyGhost said:

that's what i thought immediately. a true doom shrine.

needs some models of those doom candles around. and the green marble pillar with sacrificed hearts.

i should have that ultimate doom box with the red grinning archvile somewhere, and the military-style final doom box went to a friend who collected them.

I've got the $10 Doom Collector's Edition (With a nice Doom 3 preview :P), Doom 1 and 2 on GBA (Which were bitches to find), A badly torn version of the first Doom novel with the back page missing, Doom 64, A Baron Of Hell metal minifigure thing, and Doom 3: Collector's Edition for Xbox.

I have these:

Doom 3DO [USA]
The Ultimate Doom Mac [USA]
Final Doom Mac [USA]
Doom Atari Jaguar [Europe]
Doom 3 Limited Edition XBox [Europe]
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil XBox [Europe]
Doom 64 N64 [Europe]
Doom GBA [Europe]
Doom II GBA [Europe]
Doom SNES [Europe]
Doom v1.1 3.5" PC [USA]
Doom v1.2 3.5" PC [USA]
Doom Survivors Book with 3.5" v1.25 PC [USA]
Doom II 3.5" PC [USA]
Doom II 3.5" with Hexen Poster PC [USA]
The Ultimate Doom 3,5" PC [USA]
Doom 3 PC [USA]
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil PC [USA]
Doom Collector's Edition PC [USA]
Doom Collector's Edition with Doom3 Preview PC [Europe]
Final Doom PC [USA]
Final Doom PC [Europe]
The Ultimate Doom PC [Europe]
Doom SEGA 32X [Europe]
Doom Saturn [Europe]
Doom Playstation [Europe]
Doom Platinum Playstation [Europe]
Final Doom Playstation [Europe]

A complete id Anthology and various Shareware Versions, including a complete boxed Companion Edition. I am a collector, and will have more in the future.