Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Butts

Favorite foods

I fucking love food so much. My favorite foods are probably burritos, spicy ethiopian salads, all indian food, and hamburgers. Anyone else have foods that they like in particular? Beer is a very good lunch, and vodka makes a good snack.

Pasta.

I once started out having "pasta week" where I ate nothing but pasta-based meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 7 days straight. I loved it so much it accidentally turned into pasta month.

Heaps of other food. Hot curry, stir fry, roast vegetables, a big rare steak, burgers, fruit, sushi, pies, meatballs, pizza, yakitori. Yum yum yum yum yum!

Food is also one of my favorite things.

Super Jamie said:

I once started out having "pasta week" where I ate nothing but pasta-based meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 7 days straight. I loved it so much it accidentally turned into pasta month.

Is this Butts weekly 'Im high' thread?

Ninja Edit: I LOVE M&Ms. Esp. blue ones that fight cancer.

I'm very much into food. I do a lot of studying on what different foods and nutrients do to your body and so I end up keeping my health just through what I eat. Spicy foods to cure congestion, citrus and tea to cure colds, bananas and peanut butter to keep my muscles fit, etc. That said, I'm also a pretty good cook, or at least I take a lot of enjoyment from it. I always get overly excited when I do a new type of dish. My big goal right now is successfully making bread.

That being said, I try to avoid as much fast food, packaged meals, and soda as possible, as it is terrible for you (I try to avoid caffeine, HFCS, sodium benzoate, and anything that is excessively salted...and that rules out most of that). I also avoid restaurants because they are expensive and usually worse than what I can make. Also, I work at one so I know too much about them.

The main exception is asian food, which I love and haven't mastered yet. Especially sushi. Making sushi is one of my goals in life. Also, the whole experience of going to a sushi bar for rolls and sake.

I've been talking with my boss about sushi this week actually. Making it at home is probably one of the easiest things I've ever done. Sushi rice, sushi vinegar, some tuna and avocado and random vegetables. Easy!

I agree the whole sushi shop thing is part of the charm, and I can't make it anywhere near as good as a good sushi restaurant.

Teppanyaki (the japanese cooking style of many small meals with the food flying everywhere and participation from the diners in the cooking process) is probably the coolest restaurant experience evar.

Super Jamie said:

I've been talking with my boss about sushi this week actually. Making it at home is probably one of the easiest things I've ever done. Sushi rice, sushi vinegar, some tuna and avocado and random vegetables. Easy!

Yeah, I actually know the basics. I've seen people make it. I need to know how to keep the fish clean, how to cook the rice properly, etc.

Also, on the subject of Asian food, I was thrilled to find out how easy it is to make gyoza sauce. I don't actually know how to make gyoza from scratch, but if I get a hold of frozen stuff, I can make the sauce for it (it's 1 part rice vinegar, 1 part soy sauce...I used red wine vinegar and it turned out okay, but a little different).

Planky said:

'Im high'

I drank a handle. I'm hammered.

EDIT: When will I pass out? who knows...

I've yet to find Ice Cream, Pasta, Pizzas and Salamis that I didn't like. Very fond of cheese and chinese junk food, too. I wasn't called "The Discount King" for nothing.

I also like tripe and patsas.

I like anything that has to do with cheese, including blue cheese and cottage cheese. Toe cheese is an exception though, as that's generally just gross.

Danarchy said:

That being said, I try to avoid as much fast food, packaged meals, and soda as possible, as it is terrible for you (I try to avoid caffeine, HFCS, sodium benzoate, and anything that is excessively salted...and that rules out most of that). I also avoid restaurants because they are expensive and usually worse than what I can make. Also, I work at one so I know too much about them.

The main exception is asian food, which I love and haven't mastered yet. Especially sushi. Making sushi is one of my goals in life. Also, the whole experience of going to a sushi bar for rolls and sake.

Yeah, lately I've been trying to avoid as much fast food as possible, too. The less I eat, the better I feel. What's funny is that I thought I felt good before, but it's sort of like you don't notice 'cause you're swimming in it.

Cooking is also a hobby of mine. Asian food I've gotten pretty good at making. I routinely make beef bulgogi, gyudon, oyakodon, tonkatsu, and a few other dishes at home. One in particular is my "curry omelet", which is something I picked up from a restaurant in Japan. Really easy, it's just a mount of rice with a plain omelet on top, then the whole thing is covered with Japanese curry. I'm also hoping to get a takoyaki pan soon so I can start messing around with those.

Overall I'd say my favorite is a tie between Japanese food and Mexican food. Specifically I love okonomiyaki and carne adobada, respectively.

Edit: This is where I got the curry omelet idea (6th item down, "omuretsu karee").

DJ_Haruko said:

Yeah, lately I've been trying to avoid as much fast food as possible, too. The less I eat, the better I feel. What's funny is that I thought I felt good before, but it's sort of like you don't notice 'cause you're swimming in it.

quoted for epic truth

I made macaroni and cheese the other day, and i cut up a bunch jalapenos into real tiny pieces and sprinkled them all over. I was so excited to have spicy mac and cheese, but the milk I used to make the mac n cheese with drowned out the spiciness of the jalapenos. I was crestfallen. I'll probably try making it again tomorrow with more jalapenos. Maybe some oregano too.

This may sound weird, but has anyone tried Reese Puffs Cereal?

Its awesome. Nuff said.

EDIT : This thread about food is making me hungry...

40oz said:

I made macaroni and cheese the other day, and i cut up a bunch jalapenos into real tiny pieces and sprinkled them all over. I was so excited to have spicy mac and cheese, but the milk I used to make the mac n cheese with drowned out the spiciness of the jalapenos. I was crestfallen. I'll probably try making it again tomorrow with more jalapenos. Maybe some oregano too.

I've never done that before but you may have just opened my eyes to a whole new world.

Chilli goes well with everything. I've reached the stage where my mouth can handle pretty much any chilli I throw at it, but once it hits my gut the complaints start as it burns away at my stomach lining :P

There's a place near here that does "The World's Hottest Burger". I've been talking about going out there for ages.

Krispavera said:

I like anything that has to do with cheese, including blue cheese and cottage cheese.

A friend of mine follows this philosophy as well. He even owns betterwithcheese.com

I enjoy seafood supremely. In my youth we would often go out to the tidepools and catch buckets of Red Rock Crab and bring them back and eat them all that afternoon. As the years went on we eventually set up a crab trap for Dungeness Crab, but it was never the same as wading into the ocean with a paint bucket and a stick.

The other day I spent 30 dollars on a crab in a restaurant, until that point I had never paid for it in my entire life.

Bank said:

The other day I spent 30 dollars on a crab in a restaurant, until that point I had never paid for it in my entire life.

I paid about that much for filet mignon a couple times. It was well worth it.

Beefaroni
Stuffed shells
Hot sausage
Shrimp
Lobster
Pizza
Peanut butter & jelly
Rainbow trout
Extra sharp cheddar

And so on.

I love food.

One of my favorite meals is a nice juicy steak with baked potato or fries...

I absolutely love fresh pineapple and also grapes, apples, bananas. Oh and strawberries! Raspberries! Blackberries! Peaches! Pears!

Tomatoes are aweshum. Every year I grow a few plants so I can have fresh tomatoes.

Cheese.. love cheddar, mozarella and gouda.

AS for cereal I love multi-grain cheerios and corn flakes.

Some seafood I don't like but love shrimp, scallops and haddock. Fishcakes made from salt cod, onions and potatoes are delicious.

I love Mexican chili and make my own. I like to spice it up with curry powder and other secret ingredients. :)

Spaghetti, lasagne and pizza!

I love salted cashews and roasted peanuts.

Rice done up with some peppers and beef and a shot of soya sauce.

Pepper steak stir fry!

Sometimes it's hard to beat a good burger. There's a place not far away that makes a killer hamburger. Also like those frozen chicken burgers that are all white meat. I love those with mayo and lettuce.

Donairs! Haven't had one in ages.

Blueberry grunt. :D

Cheesecake!

Strawberry shortcake!

Cake!

Doritos!

Peanut butter on toast!

Scrambled or fried eggs and bacon!

Roast beef, carrots, gravy, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding...

Geez I could go on and on.

Holy shit this thread is making me starve. Doom dude has literally rattled off stuff I could eat all day.

I could go with sushi, rare steak, rack of lamb, leg of lamb, cous-cous, sushi, salad, sesame chicken, Ethiopian food, orange chicken, Ramen noodles, oven-roasted baby potatoes, french fries, home cooked chili, steak burrito, chips with guacamole and salsa, chicken sandwich, pulled pork BBQ sandwich, BBQ baked beans, BBQ chicken, potato gnocchi, angel hair pasta /w tomato sauce, cheeseburger, hamburger /w blue cheese inside of it (AMAZING), teriyaki chicken bowl, Cubano sandwich, Media Noche sandwich, greek polenta, black bean soup /w sour cream lightly drizzled on top, shepherd's pie, beef carpaccio, fish chowder, Marinated salmon, grilled tuna steaks, chicken fingers, black-eyed pea soup, split-pea soup, beef lo mein, sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, vegetarian pizza, chicken noodle soup, mozzarella sticks, chicken apple sausages,

Fuck, I'm not even halfway done. The list just keeps fucking going. Goddamn now I gotta eat.

Japanese chicken katsu curry.

Also, Hare Krsna places seem to be fairly common worldwide. Like those hippy Indian people who make all the really cheap tasty vegetarian curry? Hopefully someone is doing a lunch run of that at work today.