Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

"Growl, snarl"

At least its not like Hexen 2, where when you surface for air you start gagging even if you're under for 2 seconds.

*HuuuH*GAG*COUGH*

Yeah. Unfortunately it's like that in RtCWolfenstein too >:[

I think the more intelligent creatures should be the only ones able to speak in human-languages and maybe the languages of other races of creatures whos spirits went to Hell. The Archvile especially. He looks like he would know tons of stuff about the spiritual world and the living world. It would be creepy to hear it saying things that refer to the Doomguys past via its tellepathic powers. The Spider Mastermind on the other hand would be in charge of keeping all creatures in line for its supreme ruler (the Archvile or a creature like the Icon of Sin). The lesser creatures like demons and imps should have very little intelligence worth noticing (when not hunting you they could be destroying things, going to the bathroom, ect. Anything the least bit mechanical should have some sort of 'controlling' entity that controls its every moves, making it a puppet to a higher demonic power. But those are only my thoughts and I could be wrong.

Yeah. Unfortunately it's like that in RtCWolfenstein too >:[

Unfortenately? Nonsense. It's such a small error I couldn't care less. Developers have way too much worries to actually code extra useless stuff. Because that's how it works, coders won't do useless stuff except when they've hit alpha status.

Well, I think it's annoying because it cheats me into thinking that you can't stay under water particularly long. But I guess you're right, there are more important things than this.
Anyway, if the Doomguy is making some sound when he jumps in Doom 3, I sure hope that they find a proper sound, instead of those odd sounds that we could hear in the Quakes.
Actually, I'd prefer it to be like RtCW: No sound when you jump, only the sound of your combat boots hitting the ground when you land.

A little test shows up there is no real sound except some breathing. I dunno where these guys came up with the idea of "umpph".

Yeah, and if he's checking the walls for secrets, why must he go 'ugh! ugh!'. Usualy people checking for secrets just run their hand over the wall in movies. No pushing required. Duke Nukem's 'where is it?' is a classic, though.

i want to see extra addition like when the hand animation when pushing the switch or open the door.i got idea from rtcw.i love to kick the door with mighty boot coz it looks a bit more real than just simply pushing "use" button (with no "open the door" hand animation.

A little test shows up there is no real sound except some breathing. I dunno where these guys came up with the idea of "umpph".

Yeah a bit of breathing should be heard if there'd be any jumping sound at all in "Doom 3" (hm, maybe they should just screw the jumping sounds as it ain't important - besides, sounds take up space).
Btw, I conducted that test myself a few years ago after I had tried Quake, heh.

i want to see extra addition like when the hand animation when pushing the switch or open the door.i got idea from rtcw.i love to kick the door with mighty boot coz it looks a bit more real than just simply pushing "use" button (with no "open the door" hand animation.

Hmmm, that wouldn't make sense, since Doom takes place inside futuristic space stations, where all doors slide open instead of swinging inward or outward.
Personally, I liked this touch in RtCW, but I wouldn't want "Doom 3" to have too many extra buttons for the player to press. And the kick function wouldn't be of much use against monsters as I doubt they'll be easily startled like humans.

my point is the addition of extra animation to the game.it is not neccessary though.but it give a lot more realistic feel.(RTCW's kick function as an example)have you ever seen DNF E3 video?it has the scene that duke push the switch.in that scene there is extra "push switch" hand animation.something like this should be made in next doom.

my point is the addition of extra animation to the game.it is not neccessary though.but it give a lot more realistic feel.(RTCW's kick function as an example)have you ever seen DNF E3 video?it has the scene that duke push the switch.in that scene there is extra "push switch" hand animation.something like this should be made in next doom.

Ah, I see. yeah, I'd like to see such animations (I've been wanting that since Doom 2) and more if possible.

It shouldn't be hard to do, once you find a way to accurately point the arm into the place. That's just some little coding over a proper mesh binded with a couple of bones.

It would be nice to see such attention to detail in every game, but I wonder if that's possible. Adding extra coders not always fix the problem. Heck I've never met a coder that actually liked the idea of sharing code with another one. ^_^

Well my dear friends,

Today i would like to tell ya bout transmissions between you and other spacemarines/ or headquarter (as it was called in great and awsome Quake 2). Some of ya could also heard marines from *Clear-It Up Squad* radio-transmissions in Half-Life

1. - my idea is to have an ability for player control some of troops in game with these commands (of course if will be at least a Sergeant and they are privats :))-

Then goes all that enemy GRRBRHHHH... things, damns to player, promises to kill him (they trying in vain, promise me :)) and so etc.

2. - what can be if they will communicate (even on the Klesk-like dialects :)), for example to give warning sounds to each other, ask for help zombies in the next room (it will be like AGGRHHHHHAAAA, HEEEEEELP ME YA DAMN MORRONS!!! :))

And for the end:
for 1. - frighten spacemarines can neglect your commans (they will probobly piss their pants saying ITS NOT TRUE, IM DREAMING WAKE ME UP, AAAHHH and etc.):

for 2. - if they will be a fleshlusting beasts let them be so - give them instincs and voice of beasts:

- all that will make game be much more real.

anyway, its just a wasted suggestion...

I like the idea of scared marines, but... giving orders???
It will make your game kinda slow down.

Also, it will be cool if the zombies would alert the rest, like firing into the air (or at you) or screaming.

Commands for others - i dont want Doom3 to be a Rainbow6 or Starcraft or Half-Life - i want it to more *real*.

As a soldier you must giving some orders (3-5 commands like *Damn ya guys lets get out of here* or *Lets rock those MFs!!!* or *Look, is thats a hand or something* and etc. In life you have the ability to communicate so use it.

BTW some of the enemies can be sleeping, so dont let them awake...

There's no good way to interphase with other NPCs, and also, there's no AI capable of acting slighty smarter than a friggin sunflower.

It would be nice to see other humans, specially at the beginning before everything goes to hell, but if it's not scripted I fear it will look completely stupid. There are certain limitations in the AI area, and so far it looks like human-behavior is out of our league.

ARRGH! I'm using wasted's avatar! This means that I gotta go back to the one I had before.

I don't like the idea of commanding other marines. This is Doom, not Battlezone with only footsoldiers.

1. Unreal 2 will give the player the ability to command friendly troops - I want "Doom 3" to be a different experience.

2. Putting friendly troops in the game, who'll fight alongside the player detracts from the original concept of Doom. The old game was all about being a lone badass soldier, I'd like to stick with that - hate being bothered by stupid NPCs.

3. Like Zaldron points out: Id aren't putting too much effort in human-like AI.

4. This element has been discussed before (I remember that much).