• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

Doom3 weapons mod volumen 3 + relase link

this mod only for this port, have diferent properties from the older version:

bfg9000 with the same funcionality from doom3
reload sistem with "r" button
the monsters can make you melee attacks and your view appear bloody clawns or bits, for example imp, demon, cacodemon, hellknight, revenant and baron of hell.
the first version was the soulcube, the mistic weapon, this time is the "artifact".
new hud thanks to alphaent2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o0ejlAYgNI

ultimate video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h5B7zqgoFw

relase link:
http://www.badongo.com/es/file/16403811

note: zdoom 2.20 included into the foldier.

I quite like the look of this (especially the HUD) but I'm curious as to why this is a zDooM 2.20 mod only. Why not zDooM 2.3.1 or Skulltag? :)

BECUASE
this wad use the old hirestex code, only the zdoom 2.20 can support that code.
skulltag cant support the code for the hud.

doomero-21 said:

BECUASE
this wad use the old hirestex code, only the zdoom 2.20 can support that code.
skulltag cant support the code for the hud.

Then you should fix your mod instead of limiting it to an old engine. If it doesn't work anymore with newer versions you did something that was never intended to work to begin with.

Reminds me of Doom Rampage Edition: another mod maker who was too lazy to fix his creation and bothered his users with old versions of a source port.

doomero-21 said:

that is the reazon why i will add the zdoom 2.20 into the foldier.

A waste of space. The TEXTURES lump is just as capable as HIRESTEX; you'll only need to make little changes.

what change?

the old hirestex code into my mod is this:

define xxxxx0 320 240

the new hirestex code is so diferent from this one?

Okay, so it will take some effort (you could probably write a halfway decent Python script or something to do it for you in a few minutes), but the end result is that the audience for your mod will be larger. As in, larger than the two people that don't mind having an extra copy of ZDoom for no reason whatsoever.

doomero-21 said:

what change?

the old hirestex code into my mod is this:

define xxxxx0 320 240

the new hirestex code is so diferent from this one?

That old code still works. But there were a few design flaws in it that were causing problems so some minor changes had to be made. These changes can break a very small number of mods that were improperly designed. But without having an actual link to your stuff it's hard to say what went wrong.

The chaingun isn't positioned quite right. The angle makes it look like it should be shooting somewhere off to the side rather than straight ahead. The same might be true to a lesser extent on the plasma gun. I'm not sure.

It's nice to see that you're at least considering supporting other ports. That way you'd gain a future audience as you would have forwards compatibility too. :)

Ryathaen said:

The chaingun isn't positioned quite right. The angle makes it look like it should be shooting somewhere off to the side rather than straight ahead. The same might be true to a lesser extent on the plasma gun. I'm not sure.

the chaingun on doom3 is centred

WildWeasel said:

Okay, so it will take some effort (you could probably write a halfway decent Python script or something to do it for you in a few minutes), but the end result is that the audience for your mod will be larger. As in, larger than the two people that don't mind having an extra copy of ZDoom for no reason whatsoever.

I find it hard to believe that people will avoid an interesting looking mod just because it makes use of an older version that is already being provided - you must really be hassled by what amounts to about 2 megabytes of harddrive space.

It's not space that's the issue. I just don't like needing more than one copy of what should be the same program, and without some of the crucial bug fixes provided by later versions.

doomero-21 said:

the chaingun on doom3 is centred

Not exactly. And it even if it was you shouldn't replicate a mistake in the source material just for accuracy.

Anyway, I could be wrong. You never stop moving in the video so it's kind of hard to tell, but it definitely looks to me like it's too centered.

yay double barrel shotgun.

like the hud, and weapons look good
chaingun looks fine...don't see other people's arguments on it. can't wait to try it.

this mod coupled with some alternate monster death animations would be godly.

found a few bugs

shotgun sometimes doesnt reload. have have to move around a bit or something. just weird.

the chaingun, and some other weapons, sometimes when you pick up their ammo, the clip recharges to full without reloading.

also the alertmonster range for these guns are pretty low down.

otherwise, fun. thanks for the effort.

press the button "r" for reload
the autoreload when have 0 ammo and later pick up a the ammunition is necesary (if you have that weapon on the view).
i noticed only the shotgun not alert the monsters, the rest is ok.

yes, the r does reload. i'm trying to say that sometimes with the shotgun, and the rocket launcher, when you press r, nothing happens. its just strange. i have to spam r to reload.

found another bug.

when i try to use the artifact with 0 ammo left it switched me to the doom 1 / doom 2 plasma rifle.

that is not a bug, you are using the cheat idfa, dont try to make that, play my mod wihout cheats. (the cheat idfa and if you use all the ammunition for default appear the classic plasma rifle).

Tamashii said:

ah i see. i loaded up the cheats to try all the weapons. thanks for the heads up.

if the plasma rifle comes out you can do the weapon cheat again and press the num of the weapon that is for artifact and it will swap with the plasma rifle

yes, dont try with cheats, play doom without that and enjoy, well actualy the volumen 3 is not the last doom3 weapons mod version, exist other called "volumen 4" but this mod form part for "doom3 experience mod", the volumen 4 have 2 playerclasses: doom and phobos, and returns the grenades, soulcube and grabber. But this is not all, the "experience" name is becuase this mod have the "doom3 monsters" so doom3 weapons (all the weapons) + doom3 monsters into 1 wad file.

doomero-21 said:

that is not a bug, you are using the cheat idfa, dont try to make that, play my mod wihout cheats. (the cheat idfa and if you use all the ammunition for default appear the classic plasma rifle).

I think that is just a ZDoom bug, not the mod's. It usually happens to most weapon mods. I don't know if there's any way to fix it.

weird, i can't seem to trigger the exit on level 3 of the EPIC wad (the exit that takes the player to the next train level.

it's not the zdoom version, i've tested that. nor does it happen with any other weapon modifications i substitute, including vanilla waepons. something in the doom3 weapons mod doesn't allow me to exit. though i don't have a clue what causes it not to occur.