Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Revenant!

Pictures?

probably fake, you cant clike on them and magnify the thumbnails

The first one looks too colorful, but it could be Doom 3. The second one is definately not Doom 3. It looks more like Unreal 2.

No, truley. Its lithtech. I'm not lying to you :).

I remember Apache over at VE using them for his little "guess the engine these screenshots come from" game ages ago. There were even videos of the areas to go with the shots. It was either shogo2 or from an internal lithtech demo level I can't remember which now.

The only reason I can think of for the shots to be at that doom3 page is that apache gave the shots doom3 filenames for the purpose of the game to try and throw people of.

I fear you're right :(, but it was a try....
':| Can't wait for the next Doom 3 pic or movie !
Thanx for opinions.

I´ve seen the 2 last pics before, one year ago. I remember that they were included in some sort of quiz, asking if the shots are Doom3, Unreal2 or some other game. They are of cause not Doom3, but the picture filenames confusingly included the word "doom", so some people thought they were Doom3...

I´m gonna send this guy a mail about removing that pics from the Doom3 perview page.

Translated, the text says:

Finally programming legend John Carmack on the Macworld Expo 2001 in Japan presented the new Doom section. This occurred on the occasion of a presentation of the new Geforce3 chip of nVidia. Especially for the play Carmack programmed again times a new, amazing engine. This is to spendieren e.g. each although still so small article its own shadow. The whole is to function also with several sources of light. With the characters again the number of numbernumber increased whereby in their faces the smallest details visible to become to be supposed. Contrary to Quake Doom 3 is to set 3 again on a solo mode. id software wants to publish the internal level wordprocessor to the play. Additionally the integration of MODs is to be simply feasible.

I dunno. I translted it on Babel Fish

Does that Bablefish translation make sense? I would translate it this way:

The famous programmer John Carmack finally presented the new Doom sequel on the Macworld Expo 2001 in Japan. This happened on the occasion of a presentation of the new Nvidia Geforce3 chip. John Carmack, once again, programmed a new, amazing engine exclusively for the game. It should, for example, enable the drawing of shadows on every object, no matter how tiny it might be. The whole thing should also work with various light sources. The character models should have again a higher ammount of polygons, so that you can see every tiny detail on [in?] the faces. In contrast to Quake3, Doom3 will favourite the single player mode. id Software plans to release an integrated level editor with the game. Furthermore, the developpement of mods should be easier to do.

I thought these rumours were already gone...well now that I think about it this must be the most up to date database regarding DOOM.