Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

Halo: The Good, Bad, and Repetitive

There are no bad consoles (well... yes there are), just bad games. And to all of those out there who hate consoles, go play Chrono Trigger (SNES). It's easily one of the best RPG's ever made... and that game alone would make me shell out the money to buy the SNES (back when it was still $200, no less).

The PC version is way better, I enjoy playing pc Halo then xbox Halo. It is really awesome and brought back some of the Quake in me.

There is no PC Halo, Microsoft just bought the company to ensure X-Box exclusivity. It's also nothing like Quake.

The SuXBox is just a cheap and lame PC without extra features and usability. Get a GameCube already!

Yeah, it's lame. The video card inside was later watered down and renamed to the GeForce 3. It's pathetic. You also speak of the Gamecube as if it has extra features or usability over the X-Box.

Consoles are for gamers, computers are for geeks!

I can live with that. =)

Although, there have been some damn good games that were made for console, then converted.

The best ones never are, though.

Am I the only one who liked the GameCube controller?

Nope. It's pretty good, probably a tie for second place with the X-Box and behind the PS2.

I love the psx controller. So much I got a Gravis Gamepad Pro for the PC, which mimics it. It just feels right.

Oh yeah? I bought a converter so I have an ACTUAL Playstation pad plugged into a USB port. It's fucking kickass in Legacy splitscreen. =]

Uhm... SegaCD rules. Last good console made.

So much for credibility.

There are no bad consoles (well... yes there are), just bad games.

The ratio of shit to quality games doesn't change over console or PC. 95% shit, 5% good. There's so many more games released for consoles though you're bound to find more good ones. The only real good PC games are FPS anyway, and believe it or not, there are other types of games out there.

And to all of those out there who hate consoles, go play Chrono Trigger (SNES). It's easily one of the best RPG's ever made... and that game alone would make me shell out the money to buy the SNES (back when it was still $200, no less).

Ha, I beat it and got all 13 endings... on a rental, then I still bought it. That game absofuckinglutely kicked ass.

I also made it to the last level of Halo now. The second to last level is FUCKING INSANE, it's amazing it can keep such a smooth framerate when so many things are blowing each other up. =)

The third to last level is incredibly difficult, but not so much quanity as figuring out the proper way to do things. Walk forward until the battle music starts, back off, wait until the Covenant and Flood have gone at it for about a minute, sneak out and follow the right of the valley, blow up the first tank with your rocket launcher, run to the Banshee like a fucking crazy bastard... and GET AIRBORNE ASAP!

Oh yeah, as much fun as that four wheeler was... the tank is even better. I had six marines sitting on the side machinegunning and sniping while I was plowing down enemy barricades. Kickass.

The Ghost is like a really badass motorcycle that does wonders on crowds... and the Banshee is a fucking kickass Jet that has infinite rockets. Nuff said. =]

I'm close to the end, but that little blue bastard is of course making things hard. I'm not trying to ruin the story.

Oh yeah, and the story whomps Half-Life now. No doubt. The graphics whomps Max Payne by a longshot. The deathmatch whomps Q3A (not that hard to do, really) and the music does have some cheese metal and dance techno, but thankfully not a lot. Most of it is orchestrated.

I can't fucking wait for an X-Box port of Undying. It sucks on my GeForce 2 MX. =(

It does get even more repetetive, but quite frankly, I don't give a shit. I like it. The level design kicks ass, but it could be more original upon itself. It still kicks ass.

This game is not pure shit, die Tycho. This game fucking rocks.

It takes a cue from Doom and Serious Sam too.. sometimes there are just insane shootouts. And sometimes you'll be driving a jeep through them with a friend manning the machinegun in the back. Whee!

Nothing at the moment, but the Dreamcast controller was pathetic.

I thought it work pretty well.... there's only two controllers I absolutely HATE...

1. The N64 (... bad stick position >_<)
2. The redesigned NES (too light and way too tiny x_x)

The only good thing that came out of the Dreamcast controller was the VMU screen, and in the end it was pretty much useless.

Actually, it's kinda useful for multiplayer FPS's.... hidden info options ^_^. Plus the screen is more for the mini-games... like Chao raising in Sonic Adventure and the many mini-games you could get in Climax Landers/ Time Stalkers. And for its solo memory management ^.^ nifty. A pity few games used its linking abilities...

The PC version is way better, I enjoy playing pc Halo then xbox Halo. It is really awesome and brought back some of the Quake in me.

There is no PC version of Halo, so you're:

a) lying out your arse
b) smoking crack
c) living in an alternate reality
d) using some x-box emulator that no-one else has heard about
e) getting confused with some other game

There's a small chance he was beta tester way before the game shifted from PC to console. Nah that's bullshit, I pick b).

Maybe he was just listening to halo 8 while playing Quake.
Or his computer's lighting effects were making halo effects on the screen.
Or he looked into the mirror and saw a halo around his head. (He Is an angel, so he claims).
Or Dr. Nick walked into the room and said "Halo ev'rybody!"
Or someone asked halo he could go.
Or he doesn't know what the halo is going on.

1. The N64 (... bad stick position >_<)

The fundamental problem with the N64 controller is that you need three hands to reach every button. You have to either choose digital or analog, and that's gay. Every other controller managed to get both within reach of a human.

Actually, it's kinda useful for multiplayer FPS's.... hidden info options ^_^. Plus the screen is more for the mini-games... like Chao raising in Sonic Adventure and the many mini-games you could get in Climax Landers/ Time Stalkers. And for its solo memory management ^.^ nifty. A pity few games used its linking abilities...

Yeah, so few games took advantage of it that it was rendered useless. The only use I ever had for it was secretly picking plays in Madden. But if you have a full screen of them and every play is assigned to a button they don't know what you're picking anyway, so hey, useless. =)

Gigantic X-Box only rant.

I already proved the little nimrod wrong in my big quotefest a little bit up there. =P

I beat Halo now. Afterwards I realized a few things. First of all, there aren't any bosses. The game finds other ways to challenge you and the last challenge didn't disappoint me at all. =)

Second of all, it kicks ass, and I want to play through it again as soon as possible. I still haven't made myself play through Max Payne twice... it feels like a boring as chore. There's just not enough variety in that game. Someone should Divx the whole game with no loading time and played perfectly. Watching that would be 10 times better than being forced to play it again, that's for fucking certain.

This game really gives me those OH HELL FUCK YEAH feelings that Doom, Duke3D, Blood and Undying gave (and still give) me. Half-Life gave 'em to me for about two weeks, Max Payne gave 'em to me for about a weekend, and Serious Sam gave 'em to me for about ten minutes.

The fundamental problem with the N64 controller is that you need three hands to reach every button

So? Have you lost a hand or something? :)

That controller should've been shoved up it's inventor's arse, along with it's mother-console.

3DO was the best console evarrr!

yeah, it wasn't bad, actually. That's going back some, though. It was ill-fated, like 32-X and Jaguar, however.

I have layed many a console, and in truth, the worst fucking controller is the N64's, as Red_Warrior said, simply because of the analog stick.It took me a VERY long time (3 months) to get used to it because I'm not an analog guy...And I'd never used analog before...Except in arcades, and that I had no problem with. And Sega CD was by far NOT the last great system. SNES was :P And I have a lot of the better games for that one...Ever played Doom Troopers? Goriest game EVER on that system, and fun as hell. And as for CT, I preferred Final Fantasy III. And of course, that pretty much was it for best games on that system, period - A war between to Squaresoft titles FF III/VI may have only had one ending, but the game is huge :P I haven't played halo, but FUCK do I want to...it looks absolutely AMAZING (Not just from a fraphics perspective...ya gotta remember that Daggerfall is one of my favourite games :P)...But I'm going to stick by my N64 and computer until I'm absolutely bored of both, which isn't bloody likely. Anyway, The N64 controller AFTER you got used to it was amazing...the dreamcast was okay, not the most ergonomic, but it was okay...And the X-Box and Gamecubes look to be the same. Anyway, to my knowledge, what the Cube has over the X-Box I believe is efficiency...can do the same thing with lesser hardware...Or at least that's what the stats said. Either way, there's zero load-time on both systems.