Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Astewart41

Engine Hybrid -- What's YOUR opinion?

I'm sure a lot of us have really found some potential in both EDGE and ZDoom engines... The poll topic is: DO you think it'd be a good idea for the EDGE team and ZDoom team to get together and make a "Hybrid" engine combining the best parts of both? Cast in your poll!

deadnail had a really cool idea concerning something like this, but including all ports.

I'll just let him explain it since I'll most likely ruin the idea somehow.

(Provided he finds this post).

deadnail had a really cool idea concerning something like this, but including all ports.

I'll just let him explain it since I'll most likely ruin the idea somehow.

(Provided he finds this post).

I once had a similar idea of making the Ultimate Mortal Kombat game, with all characters, all kombat zones, all moves, all fatalities and all features from all games, and in 3D.

Midway turned be down, claiming that there isn't enough RAM in the world to build such a game. Losers.

yes, that would be good. And please, no goatse.cx option ever again.

heh, not enough RAM in the world? That's a shite excuse, machines around now could handle it fine. If you do ever compile it, I'll be first in the queue.

If you do ever compile it, I'll be first in the queue.

Memo taken. Compiling the Ultimate MK Game is 3rd on my list, right after taking over the world, and recording a remix with D-12.

I once had a similar idea of making the Ultimate Mortal Kombat game, with all characters, all kombat zones, all moves, all fatalities and all features from all games, and in 3D.

Midway turned be down, claiming that there isn't enough RAM in the world to build such a game. Losers.

Uhhhh, Midway already DID something like that!

If you do ever compile it, I'll be first in the queue.

Memo taken. Compiling the Ultimate MK Game is 3rd on my list, right after taking over the world, and recording a remix with D-12.

Mmm, so I'll be waiting awhile then, ok. Esp. as the album is finished and out now so they'll be off enjoying their royalties and bitches.

And please, no goatse.cx option ever again.

Am I a lucky one to still not know what it is after many inquiries?

Just go there, if it's still available. What always interested me is whether there is a story behind that site.

Just go there, if it's still available.

Heh, why don't you check for yourself? :P

Yeah it's still there. The internet wouldn't be the same if it went down.

The Goatse cannot dissappear. That would be sacrilege...

Anyway it's not that bad, UNLESS of course you never visited Rotten and sites like that. At least it doesn't chase you in your dreams.

heh, serves you right now if you dream about it.

I could probably hear Zaldron scream from here if the Goatse man came to him in his sleep, lol

Yeah it's still there. The internet wouldn't be the same if it went down.

Its THE cornerstone of the intenet. If they take it down, the whole thing will colapse!

Yeah, imagine the Internet as this inverted pyramid with the Goatse Man at the very vertex...

...oh, so that explains it.

heh, serves you right now if you dream about it.

I could probably hear Zaldron scream from here if the Goatse man came to him in his sleep, lol

Which one?

Nice quoting style, dr. :)

Heh, the Goatse man balances the inverted pyramid which is the internet held together with Google glue on his head whilst pulling his naked **** apart.

Only on DW..

Nice quoting style, dr. :)

Fuck. It wasn't supposed to be that way. Now I changed it to insert the actual question I was going to ask regarding that quote.

Personally I wouldn't mind a hybrid of Jdoom and Zdoom, Zdoom is a good engine but I can't stand pixels, all games look better with blending IMO

Personally I wouldn't mind a hybrid of Jdoom and Zdoom, Zdoom is a good engine but I can't stand pixels, all games look better with blending IMO

Getting picky, aren't we?

I don't really mind linear filtering UNLESS you get that annoying dancing pixels effect product of the lack of mipmapping.