Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aaronjw

Tower of Belial

I kind of like that texture, looks like sandstone. If you can get rid of the HoMs can I can snag it? ^.^

Sorry, I have nothing to offer on topic, I use xwe and wintex :(

Just for the heck of it, I tried using XWE. It looked different while in DB2. Instead of being white and colorful, it showed it as greyscale. But it was still HOM ingame.

Isn't it because you save it as a 16M colors picture ? Have you tried to lower the count to 256 colors ?

Aaronjw said:
Nomad: What are you saying about the "Doom palette"? What's that?

A list of 256 RGB color indexes found in the PLAYPAL lump. All the graphics in the game refer to that list and use those 256 color indexes. While pictures can use "full color" or many more colors, some formats apply palettes with up to 256 colors, just like Doom uses in its format. These palettes can vary a lot in what colors they contain.

To make sure your new graphics will look as intended in the game, save them in a format that uses a palette, such as GIF or 8-bit BMP, before you import them, applying the palette taken from DOOM. Some full-color graphics might need a good deal of touching up when converted to the game's 256-color palette to look fine, of course.

myk said:

A list of 256 RGB color indexes found in the PLAYPAL lump. All the graphics in the game refer to that list and use those 256 color indexes. While pictures can use "full color" or many more colors, some formats apply palettes with up to 256 colors, just like Doom uses in its format. These palettes can vary a lot in what colors they contain.

To make sure your new graphics will look as intended in the game, save them in a format that uses a palette, such as GIF or 8-bit BMP, before you import them, applying the palette taken from DOOM. Some full-color graphics might need a good deal of touching up when converted to the game's 256-color palette to look fine, of course.

That shouldn't be an issue, though, right? Since I'm just using patches that were already in Doom, they shouldn't use any colors that would make it not work...?

EDIT-- Again, as an experiment, I tried using one of the PNGs that I exported out of DOOM2.wad as a texture, just to see if it would work in game. The result is rather interesting. It didn't work. Even the original PNG that I extracted right out of DOOM2.wad doesn't work. So, that leads me to believe I did something wrong while exporting the patches, rather than something I'm doing wrong importing a new texture into my wad...

I got bored >.<
Meh tiling
A not very good comparison
The brick used

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/gstonemtest.rar

I think I used the wrong brick piece, should've used one of the more blank ones. Or actually taken the time to cut up more than one brick -.- Did this with wintex3.4 to take out the patches, paint to assemble said patches then cut up and copy/paste the brick, then xwe to load the texture. Was a good hour of fun :P