Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunner

Doom Tribute Music - E1M7

Sounds fine, but it's not much different from the original. I've always been more of a fan of enhancing covers with your own personal style. It starts sounding like Final Fantasy music around 2:00, also. Reminds me of the music in Junon in FF7. D;

Nomad said:

Sounds fine, but it's not much different from the original. I've always been more of a fan of enhancing covers with your own personal style. It starts sounding like Final Fantasy music around 2:00, also. Reminds me of the music in Junon in FF7. D;

I tried to to both. I kept the synth, the harp, and the snare the exact same. I added the trumpets, I went to town on the intro, I added a crescendo in the intro and the outro, I added bells, I changed some of the timpani notes an octave lower.

The point is I still want it to sound like Doom - personally, other people's versions don't remind me of Doom at all other than the predictability of the arrangement\composition.

I will be doing more songs, and I'll be preserving the integrity of Bobby Prince's original songs while adding my own twist on them.