Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juiche

Invasion WADs

Does anybody konw good invasion wads for skulltag. I have only armageddon v-2 and delta invasion

I think the only good Invasion mapset I've played for Skulltag is the Ultimate invasion by Tormentor. There's really not much imagination used for the most Invasion maps and the balance is nonexistant.

Meh, invasion. "Let's make nuts.wad, but in waves, and the players have infinite lives because it's multiplayer only." Boring.

I think you can play it with lives. But the people who make the invasion maps are pretty much all noobs without even a slight understanding of game play balance. So it's just a big spamfest and even if you can play it with lives, they won't because their stupid maps doesn't take anything of that into account.

I wouldn't mind seeing invasion maps that actually tried to be more. But you can just as well make regular maps (like stronghold is) that do this as well and play them in survival mode.

Essentially, the invasion mode is superfluous.

Juiche said:

Does anybody konw good invasion wads for skulltag. I have only armageddon v-2 and delta invasion

They're pretty much all bad. Lots of giant open areas with very boring and lame architecture, terrible layouts, and 25MB of "epic" MP3 music ripped from modern games and DECORATE monsters no one likes to fight. I'm not one to reccomend Tormentor667's work but his Invasion maps are based off maps he's made in the past and the result it pretty good.

I'd like to make Invasion maps but I know nothing about all the scripting and junk to turn a regular map into an Invasion one, and as Kristus said a majority of people who do know how to do that know nothing of gameplay balance, so I'm afraid someone will turn my map into a shitpile.

kristus said:

I think the only good Invasion mapset I've played for Skulltag is the Ultimate invasion by Tormentor.

Thanks alot :)

For Stronghold, it will be Skulltag compatible but very different from the standard invation mode which is hardcoded. Expect something totally different and more challenging!