Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Les Paul Dies at 94

Wow, the man who set the standard for solid body electric guitars. Rock in peace Les.

On the bright side, he lived a really long life. That guy did some amazing things with guitars.

RIP. If you're able to make it past 90, you're doing something right. It's definitely comforting to know he didn't die before his time, like some of the other big names that we've seen go recently.

Technician said:

I've planned to see him since late last fall. Since school and the new border laws got in the way I postponed the trip until this fall when I moved to Toronto where there is a direct bus line. I missed an opportunity of a lifetime. Rest well old man.

I'm sorry to hear that. Reminds me of when my dad and I went to go see Deep Purple. He said if he didn't go see them now, next time they'd be dead. I'm sorry you didn't get that same opportunity.

The Who was known for playing Les Pauls for serious stuff but using Fenders to smash on stage. That's how highly revered this guy was.

Super Jamie said:

k multiple litres of Jack

There's something about the metric system that makes that statement sound totally lame.

Csonicgo said:

There's something about the metric system that makes that statement sound totally lame.

Yeah I know I'm cool.

The awesomeness of Les Paul's tridecuple-tracked guitar combined with the awesomeness of Mary Ford's tridecuple-tracked voice:

Maybe he will be in his grave soon enough that he will be able to spin in it when the next Guitar Hero game is released. (I'm sorry. But it had to be said.)

He left something behind to form culture for over fifty years and will probably continue to for the remainder of the foreseeable future, and then some. Few people can take that credit to their name, and for that I respect him. But he was getting on in his years and everybody has to go sometime.

Rest in Peace.

DuckReconMajor said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Reminds me of when my dad and I went to go see Deep Purple. He said if he didn't go see them now, next time they'd be dead. I'm sorry you didn't get that same opportunity.

My mom saw Pearl Jam once back in 93 or so. Soon after buying the ticket, she heard Nirvana was going to be in town. She said "oh well, I'lll see them next time they come through." Then Kurt Cobain died before they could play another Seattle show. Oops.

Csonicgo said:

Alcohol is usually measured in litres.