Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Nice Guy

My first serious project.

Hello all, I've been messing around with Doombuilder and XWE for some months and have finally gained enough confidence to attempt something serious.

It's a map for Skulltag that will have CTF, DM and maybe horde capabilities (if possible), and right now I have the structure for the red base done minus lighting, sprites and zdoom effects like slopes and 3D floors.

http://www.easy-upload.net/vignettes.php?v=20098167012

http://www.easy-upload.net/vignettes.php?v=20098167143

Look decent?

[Edit] And sorry for failing to create embedded pics, or rather pics of a decent size. If you want better pics I'll try again, but now it's time for bed. Gnight all.

Thanks to my handy magnifying glass, your map looks pretty good. What's "horde"?

From the little I can see, it looks pretty good. :)

Yeah, what is horde anyway?

Something like invasion, if I'm getting the idea right? Never done multiplayer sadly, just haven't been that interested.

On topic they look pretty good.

That looks awesome, keep up the good work on this! I love the skin textures and the overall design. I hope to play this when it is released.

You have done a good job.

You know how sometimes you see something in a thumbnail and it looks really good, but then you see it full size and it doesn't look as good as you thought it did?

This is not one of those times.

This looks really, really nice. Have you made levels for other games? Because if you're really a complete beginner then wow.

I'm sorry, when I said 'horde' I was thinking of a different game. I did mean invasion.

I haven't mapped for any other game, but I have messed around with 3D modelers such as Blender (open source program for Linux). I've also been messing around with Doombuilder for almost a year, but this is the first map I feel confident in releasing. I don't settle for less than my best.

Also Thank you DuckReconMajor for linking to the pics and saving me the trouble. I also thank all of those who gave positive feedback.

Alrighty, so far I have the level without things (except for a few torches and a player start) and zdoom effects.

Would anybody like to look around at the wad so far and give some feedback about ways I could improve the look of the level? Here is the link for it on megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q6P0K08A

It should be able to work on most ports, but the only I use are GZDoom and Skulltag so I could've missed something. It replaces MAP01. It uses textures from Claustrophobia1024, so if that's not ok make sure to bash me for it.

It was very well detailed, but i do have one major gripe. If you cant walk over the bridges that are criscrossed, why have them? I can imagine getting into an intense fight down the long hallways and wanting to duck and evade onto one of the nearer bridges. Whatever, if they arent meant to be bridges then oh well. Just saying it would have added more depth to the gameplay and more options than "hallway" or "middle floor". Good nonetheless.

Oh and is the twitching body supposed to be only on the red side?

I haven't added any zdoom effects yet because whenever I try to save anything in gzdoom, skulltag or zdoom in hexen format the node builder in doombuilder crashes. It works ok in doombuilder 2, but since I'm not used to doombuilder 2 I've been having difficulties navigating and editing the map and it's been frustrating.

As for the blue side, I'm going to create some Earth tree sprites to go along with the feel of the water and grass. There won't be a twitching body.