Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shareware

Making a horizontal beam

I just started editong with doombuilder 2 and got the basics down, but I can't figure out how to make the following

I want to make a beam horizontal in my level that touches to wall, but not the ceiling and the floor. how is this done ?

Unless you use features from some modern sourceports, you can't. This is a limitation of the Doom engine in general. There are however some sourceports that have 3D floors. If you can't see above or below the horizontal bar, then you can also fake it with a middle texture. What sourceport are you making your map for?

i'am using zdoom, I'am using it because it was used in the tutorials for doombuilder and it works fine without problems, and because i'am not very familiar with other sourceports and stuff, iam more of a next gen level editor. so i'am pretty new to the old stuff **

You can make a 2D beam by having a single sided wall going across the room, and a short texture of the beam. Set this texture as the wall texture and you'll just see the beam on the floor, give it a Y offset of about 30 (assuming the floor is 0) and you'll then have a nice beam going across the room at "chest height"

If the area which is to contain the beam has a sky floor/ceiling and you want the beam closest to the plane which has the sky; then it is possible in vanilla DOOM by using well known mapping tricks.