Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Secret tribute map

I think it would be damn cool to see a secret map in Doom 3 be a tribute to a classic Doom or Doom 2 map. It should be like the two Wolf3d maps in Doom 2 or the Pac-Man map in Wolfenstein, a recreation of the classic map with the capabilities of new engine.

If id were to do this, what classic map would you like to see updated and immortalized?

yes, E1M8.

It would probably actually be the easiest to do as well. I had a long discussion about doing the Anomaly in ZDoom about a month ago over in Editing I think.

Someone wanted to redo E1 as a single map, and i suggested having an outside and making the Anomaly open up so you could go back over the entire thing, doing a Phobos surface in ZDoom.

Don't some of you guys remember back when I was PFCRon (before the new forums) about a post I made in the Doom III forums suggesting this? And wouldn't you know it? I thought E1M8 would be the best as well, except I thought of it this way:

Secret Level = E1M1
Supersecret Level = E1M8

Like I've already said: This is likely not going to happen, due to the fact that Id have stopped putting secret levels in their games (I've read somewhere that it's due to the increased complexity of the maps - It's unlikely that Id would spend a lot of time and resources, designing an extra map).

But if they DID put secret levels in the new game, I'd like to see what Crendowing wrote in his post above: Both E1M1 and E1M8.
E1M1, because that was my first encounter with Doom and E1M8 because it was the first "Boss-map".

They should have a compilation of the most memorable scenes from Doom + Doom2, not necessarily whole levels. Except that's been done before in a few megawads. But with a new engine, who knows, it could be a lot cooler.

Am I the only person to say E3M3?

yes.

And I still haven't forgiven you for your love of plutonia so there.

Oh, someone will port all the maps anyway...

Heh...Wolfendoom.
I'd say E1M8 though...I remember playing that all the time when I had shareware.