Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trooper077

G.I Suck

it sucked pretty bad the baroness goes good(how the hell does the ultimate evil bitch go good?)

the cobra commander's helemt looks like he joinned the combine

and the movie let on that dethstro lead cobra

If you watched this film expecting a decent plot or brilliant acting, then it's not surprising you're disappointed. I quite liked it, purely as a mindless action flick.

DooMAD said:

If you watched this film expecting a decent plot or brilliant acting, then it's not surprising you're disappointed. I quite liked it, purely as a mindless action flick.

your right as a mindless action film its not bad but if you watched the g.i. joe show and read the comics you're going to be very dissapointed

This movie is almost as bad as Revenge of the Fallen. They could have had so much fun with this film but failed every step of the way.

I loved it, it was cheesy and dumb as hell but fun to watch. Unlike the recent transformers movies you could actually tell what was going in the fight scenes, the romantic plot didn't get in the way, the humor wasn't forced and the characters were likeable.

That said, I was expecting a fucking dismal movie when I went in, that probably helped.

trooper077 said:

Went and saw the new G.I. Joe movie dont bother spending the 10 dollors for a ticket it was quite sad

it sucked pretty bad the baroness goes good(how the hell does the ultimate evil bitch go good?)

the cobra commander's helemt looks like he joinned the combine

and the movie let on that dethstro lead cobra

your right as a mindless action film its not bad but if you watched the g.i. joe show and read the comics you're going to be very dissapointed

david_a said:

This version has a better cast.

Not having ever been much of a G.I. Joe fan, I almost gave that a pass, but then noticed Alan Tudyk, Henry Rollins, and Vinnie Jones were in it and I got all interested (and Julianne Moore for those Big Lebowski fans). Yeah, was pretty lol.

I enjoyed it, as I do most mindless action flicks of the same ilk.

One part really really annoyed me though.

ICE FUCKING FLOATS YOU RETARDS.

One thing that annoyed me that I saw in the movie trailer before seeing Transformers 2 is that their hi-tech suits looked like a blatent ripoff of the nanosuits seen in Crysis!

I really don't understand why people pay money for a movie that they fully expect to be garbage. Summer action movies don't have to be trash - Aliens and Terminator 2 were summer movies, for crying out loud. Stop rewarding them for making junk!!

david_a said:

I really don't understand why people pay money for a movie that they fully expect to be garbage. Summer action movies don't have to be trash - Aliens and Terminator 2 were summer movies, for crying out loud. Stop rewarding them for making junk!!

I agree with this completely, there are much better things to waste your 10 dollars on than bad movies. Sure you could argue you didn't expect anything great, but then why see it in the first place? If you know it's going to be bad, do something worth your time.

I didn't have to go see this movie to know it would suck--I got that plenty fine from the trailers.

The saddest thing I have ever heard any person say all year was a high school freshman who said that this was the best movie he had ever seen.

Pathetic.

Aw, the movie sucked?? You never would've known by looking at the trailers!
And the newspaper guy said it was a "laugh-a-minute thrill ride!" (R)

ITT: "WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I thought GI Joe ruled. Contrary to what some poeple might tell you, GI Joe was never anything else than a mindless action vehicle. So why do anything different for the movie?

It always puzzled me how movies and music, when first released, cost exactly the same regardless of quality.

Thie means that you can pay $10 to watch Terminator 2 (in its day), or 7 Swords (which made it in my personal list of unwatchably bad movies after 30 very forced minutes).

Or you could pay $30 for a new Pink Floyd album, or for a new uhm...Paris Hilton album :-/

The difference is that the latter will, eventually, end up in the bargain bin. Eventually. But at some point they are exactly at the same price tag as the good and legendary stuff...can't get over this :-/

The same thing applies to video games, by now: I'm pretty sure there was a time where Big Rigs was sold at the same price as Doom 3 ;-)

destx said:

Let's learn english book.

For some reason the front cover reminded me of this:

It's a movie based on a toy and comic book franchise. So, I wasn't exactly expecting Chaucer and I wasn't disappointed. For a no brainer lots of bangs and flashes and some neat effects movie, I thought that it was actually a pretty decent flick even though it so obviously smacked of toy tie-ins to the point of painfulness at some points.

I never watched the G.I. Joe cartoons but I found it to be a fun movie. I was very satisfied with all of the action, the humor, and looking at the female leads so the film did it's job of keeping me and the group I was with entertained. I thought the story and characters did not quite capture my interest but the action made up for that. It makes me sad that most people just cannot take a film for what it is these days and for that they find any flaw in it.

Wasn't as bad as the trailers made it seem. That said, it's nothing extraordinary either, though it did have its moments. Would watch again, but just once.

DuckReconMajor said:

Wasn't as bad as the trailers made it seem. That said, it's nothing extraordinary either, though it did have its moments. Would watch again, but just once.

yeah maybe saying it sucked was a little over the top as an action flick good i would watch it when im trying to go to sleep or when nothing is on t.v. thats good (fucking discovery channel's canada's worst driver bullshit)

anyhow it was ok but i wouldn't go see it in theatres, maybe wait for it to come out on DVD,rent it and pull the blockbuster switch.