Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gggmork

easy way to vertically squash/stretch selection or map?

Doesn't look amazing/just for illustration purposes (and textures in 2nd aren't accurate since I just scaled vertically in paint):

But basically do you know if there's an easy way to turn the left pic into the right, keeping same horizontal distances, but squashing verticle? That one's squashed 50%, but preferably be able to do any other percentage too. This one only has 14 sectors so could be manageable by hand tediously with a calculator or something, but what if you have a big complex castle or something and want to squash a thousand sectors all at once, etc.

You could also use it in conjuction with the normal 'resize' in doombuilder.. so say you make a huge complex dragon head or something.. then if you want you could squash 50% AND resize 50% (so you'd have a new mini head of equal proportions.
Alternately you could compose a dragon head using small little sectors (since they're much easier to manage while composing) then blow up to a large size when done.

Yeah this would be really handy if you over estimate how tall you want to make your mountains. Another thing that would be handy is to be able to raise or lower a group of selected sectors (that each have varying height levels) by 8 units. Such as stairs, not having to change the height individually. Unless there is something like that?

40oz - in DB1 there's an option for that under the Sectors menu (I didn't notice it until recently...), I assume it's in DB2 too?

Yeah you can raise/lower multiple floors/ceilings in DB1. I just highlight a bunch of sectors the press pageup/pagedown (ceilings +/- 8 respectively), or home/end (floors +/- 8 respectively).. you might have different hotkeys set I guess.
Or you can highlight a bunch of sectors and type '++ 9' or '--512' etc. in the ceiling height box (if you want to raise/lower by an amount other than 8).
Havn't tried DB2 yet, but assume kappes buur's method indeed doesn't affect z axis, only x/y?