Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Operation Body Count 2009?

Do you think they should bring this game into the next century like they did with Doom3?

What do you think. Some parts of this game like the Swamp monsters and giant rats of various sizes are fun to kill and you get good weapons like the Galil 5.56mm Automatic rifle, a 12guage shotgun and a 9mm Uzi to kill those terrorists. Is there a way to reimagine this game and make it worth playing?

Doom 3 was made because it was a long awaited sequel to one of the most popular games of all time. As far as I know, Operation Body Count wasn't very good, and nobody really cares about it.

I mean, if that happened, why not just remake every shitty FPS that ever emerged in the early 90s? Oh wait.

You could argue that Operation Body Count is more worthy for a remake then Doom is. An I'm sure most folk posting here would agree Doom is great the way it is while Operation Body Count has a lot of room for improvement.

It'd be a fine world to live in if remakes made bad games good rather then the other way round. Jurassic park trespasser has many brilliant ideas even if the game is a mess. The right developers could turn it into something special.

I like the fact that you can shoot yourself in Trespasser.

But yeah, ever since I brought up Operation Body Count everyone seems to be talking about it. I never thought it was that great of a game. What gives?

Personally i wanna see a Runabout game made with the Flatout engine.

Or what about a new Carmageddon now that a game where you 'only' run people over won't be as controversial? Plus it could have gigantic nonlinaear maps so it really feels like you're in Deathrace 2000 and on a journey across the USA.

deathbringer said:

Or what about a new Carmageddon now that a game where you 'only' run people over won't be as controversial? Plus it could have gigantic nonlinaear maps so it really feels like you're in Deathrace 2000 and on a journey across the USA.

Awesome.

I looked up a video of Operation Body Count and it reminded me of a Single Player 94' Counter Strike. If they remade this game, it'll probably end up being just that, another Counter Strike.

Comment on Youtube suggests that the bodies on the floor are the same sprite from Doom 1 & 2. They are completly right.

deathbringer said:

That is a game that is begging for a modern sequel for sure. It would probably be basically Burnout Paradise with pedestrians, but it would still be awesome.

Also, I want to see a return of the Mutant League games. There actually is a sort of strategy football that is in the vein of ML Football that came out recently called Blood Bowl, but that's more strategy oriented. I want a full out slaughterfest that Mutant League Football should be, though. With EA having the monopoly on NFL games, and all the Madden and NCAA football games basically being the same fucking thing every year anyway, the genre could really use something fresh.

I'd also be interested in a new Mutant League hockey, and others!

deathbringer said...

That would be pretty awesome. I have not seen such destructible cars in a racing game before, that is why I love the game. Add that with the ability to run around wherever you want (maybe some weapons on the cars as well ;) ) and it could be very fun. I hope they will make another sequel at some point.

leileilol said:

Operation Bodycount 2009 exists. Just search for FPS Creator games.

That's a slur against Operation Body Count. From 1994.

Nomad said:

the genre could really use something fresh.

I think like 4 people bought Blitz: The League

Ralphis said:

I think like 4 people bought Blitz: The League

Probably because it wasn't really that good. Besides it was pretty much the same as the other football games except with made up players and teams.