Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

what the craziest thing you done in doom?

Crazy, you say?

Well.... I read the Doom Comic and then operated heavy machinery.

And when I was younger, I did this. Yay. BFG9000000 POWAAAAAHHH!!!!

Bucket said:

Ha ha, I live in West Chester. Those commercials are CRAY ZEE.

Friggin Chester county...

For a challenge, try completing Ultimate Doom on UV without dying. And if you die you have to start over... at E1M1. Getting all the way to E4M2 and dying and having to go all the way back to the beginning of E1M1 will REALLY make you wish for real death.

This is more dumb than crazy - playing Episode 1 for the first time, having failed to find the soulsphere hidden in E1M2 when I spot one in E1M3 I start shooting at it.

GreyGhost said:

I like provoking barrel-related infighting, haven't yet managed any mancubus-on-mancubus action but will keep trying.

it's pretty easy on plutonia 2 map 1.

crazy things, i don't know... i like berserking my way through maps.

Torr Samaho said:

crazy things, i don't know...

Volunteering to maintain a multiplayer port?

Maes said:

Crazy, you say?

Well.... I read the Doom Comic and then operated heavy machinery.

And when I was younger, I did this. Yay. BFG9000000 POWAAAAAHHH!!!!

I almost died laughing reading that, because Ive done the same thing. I was actually remembering it last night out of the blue, and wondering what happened to that file.

On a similar note, I laughed even harder when "BFG900000000000" reminded me of the BFGOver9000 a friend made.

GreyGhost said:

This is more dumb than crazy - playing Episode 1 for the first time, having failed to find the soulsphere hidden in E1M2 when I spot one in E1M3 I start shooting at it.

I did that in my early Doom days (1994-1995) because I didn't know what it was supposed to do

Walking around while revenant homing missiles were orbiting me. (I was probably in god mode though, so this isn't really crazy, just interesting...)

Gez said:

Volunteering to maintain a multiplayer port?

you mean skulltag? heh, that's one crazy thing ;)

but i have to disappoint you regarding my coding skills. i got my nick from a german sf series that apparently inspired skulltag's programmer too. anyway i'm not the skulltag guy. i used this nick on different forums for years and was accordingly surprised to learn that other people not only read the same books i do, but also play the same game... i might request a name change to avoid mistakes, as he's better known due to his work.

I went into a DM server on skulltag and there was only one person there. so we decided to have a fun game of catch the rocket.

I won because I caught the rocket the most times. :D

Untamed64 said:

I went into a DM server on skulltag and there was only one person there. so we decided to have a fun game of catch the rocket.

I won because I caught the rocket the most times. :D

That sounds fun! I need to try that. In fact, that would be an awesome server name.

Torr Samaho said:

but i have to disappoint you regarding my coding skills. i got my nick from a german sf series that apparently inspired skulltag's programmer too. anyway i'm not the skulltag guy.

Ah. Oh well, nevermind then. Okay, Torr Samaho isn't Torr_Samaho.