Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SuperSlammer2

Trapped in e3m2

I was playing e3m2 today on UV (first time) and I went into the room with all the shotgun guys, and for some reason the door behind me closed and I couldn't get out. I killed all the monsters and stuff and looked for switches but nothing would open the door again, so i had to no clip out.

What the hell happened?

You moved too fast :( That's because when you enter the last segment of the finger, the big courtain shuts in. But it takes a considerable time to fall down. During that, you could very well run, open the tip, kill the caco, and press the switch, which will have no effect if that door is still moving. And you'll be trapped.

How can someone run that fast.

Edit: Ignore that, I just did it myself and got to and pressed the switch before the door fully closed, leading to me getting stuck in the finger.

I always wondered what caused me to get stuck in there. I eventually just stopped going in there.

And you probably overwrote your only save file in there. Ha ha, now you have to start the episode over. OWNED

This bug should be added to the wiki page about e3m2!!

I got trapped in Map 20 I believe earlier today on Doom II. It was that part where you're teleported before you reach a Soulsphere and are above a hand ful of demons. I jumped down, chainsawed them, then there wasnt a way to get back up. I still dont know what I did but I used 'Fly' and a platform rose up which had a button on it.

Anybody know what im talking about?

Ninjalah said:

I got trapped in Map 20 I believe earlier today on Doom II. It was that part where you're teleported before you reach a Soulsphere and are above a hand ful of demons. I jumped down, chainsawed them, then there wasnt a way to get back up. I still dont know what I did but I used 'Fly' and a platform rose up which had a button on it.

Anybody know what im talking about?

No. Screenshot? I just played through it and didn't see anything resembling what you're talking about, except for the soulsphere teleport.

It's in a small room with a sky and a single oddly shaped elevator in the middle. There's a door at the top of the wall with no way to get to it initially, and an alcove of imps near that. I believe you have to shoot that fiery texture where the imps are to raise a platform by the door. However, if you fall down before you do, you might not know what to do next since the only visible switch is to lower the elevator.

And it's on map 19, not 20.

Nomad said:

No. Screenshot? I just played through it and didn't see anything resembling what you're talking about, except for the soulsphere teleport.

Bah, sorry about that. I went through about 3 maps without noticing. I just looked through 3 of em and can't find that spot either :/. BUT ITS THERE I TELL YOU! [/Crazy]

Ichor is right, it must be map19. I know which part that is now.

Ichor said:

I believe you have to shoot that fiery texture where the imps are to raise a platform by the door.

And it's on map 19, not 20.

The actual trigger is the wall in front of the cage, not the firey texture in the cage.

Yeah, that reminds me I mentioned it recently, in that Map28 thread.

Ninjalah said:
I just looked through 3 of em and can't find that spot either

Go into the castle, take the door to the left, hit the switch and go past the door that opens facing the switch, and turn right. Open that wooden door and you'll see the supercharge.

Vermil said:

The actual trigger is the wall in front of the cage, not the firey texture in the cage.

I knew it was somewhere around there. It's still a bit annoying to have to do it that way instead of just having a switch on one of the far walls.

myk said:

Yeah, that reminds me I mentioned it recently, in that Map28 thread.

Go into the castle, take the door to the left, hit the switch and go past the door that opens facing the switch, and turn right. Open that wooden door and you'll see the supercharge.

Thanks. I didn't know what i did, but I do remember shooting a see through wall. Maybe that triggered it? (I was using fly and looking into the imp cage)

Kinda off topic but I found this on Courtyard:

Glitch with the port, or just a missing texture from the actual game? I'm using Gzdoom btw.

Ichor said:

I knew it was somewhere around there. It's still a bit annoying to have to do it that way instead of just having a switch on one of the far walls.

Shoot in frustration and smash your keyboard to smithereens in disgust.