Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
arrrgh

Strange see-through floors [Hexen]

I put a transparent texture here, but it's kinda clipping through the floor and makes my eyes hurt. What's causing this and how can I fix it?

I believe it is because the texture is taller than the gap you are displaying it in. From memory changing the light value on one of the neighbouring sectors (even by 1) should make most ports clip the remaining 'see-through' section.

Thanks, it works now :)
edit: completely offtopic, I am using the polyobject door swing linedef action, is there any way to make it so the doors will never close?

You could use RotateLeft or RotateRight instead of doorswing, that would stay open and it would look exactly the same.

traversd said:

From memory changing the light value on one of the neighbouring sectors (even by 1) should make most ports clip the remaining 'see-through' section.

I didn't know that, thanks!

blarg said:

You could use RotateLeft or RotateRight instead of doorswing, that would stay open and it would look exactly the same.

Thanks, this worked!
edit: derailing the derail, this:

while(count < 20)
    {
        Thing_ProjectileGravity(mapspot, random(54, 63), random(0, 255),
                                random(10, 40), random(5, 20));
        count++;
    }
should spawn a glass shard going in a random direction at a random speed(within the limits, of course) but when I try it ingame, the glass shards spawn in a big clump going straight down instead of moving in a direction. What's wrong with it?

You might try adding a delay in there, it's possible all the glass shards get spawned inside one another and form a huge useless clump.

while(count < 20)
    {
        delay(5);
        count++;
    }
How long the delay is depends on how big the shards are and thus, how long you need to wait for them to separate.

Or it could be something else. It's worth a shot though.

I fixed it! It was to do with a delay and the shards getting stuck, but not inside each other. Here's the original script:

script 2 (int sector, int mapspot)
{
    int count = 0;

Floor_LowerInstant(sector, 0, 16);
    ThingSound(mapspot, "GlassShatter", 127);
    while(count < 20)
    {
        count++;
    }
}
The problem was that because there was no delay between the floor-lowering and the shard-spawning, they were getting stuck in the wall. Adding a delay(1) just before the loop fixed this.